West Pokot County Assistant Accountant General Jobs in Kenya
West Pokot County Assistant Accountant General Jobs in KenyaDuties and Responsibilities
• Monitoring implementation of Accounting standards and systems for compliance; including Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) operations;
• Follow up on Audit matters including compilation of County Treasury memorandum in respect of County department allocated to the officer;
• Follow up implementation of Public Accounts Committee recommendations for the departments allocated to officer;
• Preparation of Bi-annual Accounts;
• Consolidation of cash flow projections submitted by Departments; and maintaining a check-list of returns and reports received from Departments to ensure compliance with law and Treasury circulars.
• Assisting in administration of the Accounting Unit;
• Assisting the Head of the Accounting unit to provide advisory services to the Accounting
Officer and other stake holders on all financial and accounting matters in the Department;
• Preparation of management and statutory reports including final accounts;
• Assisting in the development of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
• Setting targets for the accounts staff and evaluating achievements;
• Overseeing the processing of funding arrangements to County in the Department and ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures;
• Authorization of payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
• Supervision, training, development and deployment of accounts staff in the accounting unit;
• Handling disciplinary matters for the head of accounting unit;
• Providing advisory services to the County departmental heads and other stakeholders on
all financial and accounting matters;
• Participating and advising in Tender Committees, County Executive Committees, County Development Committees etc.;
• Interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
• Ensuring expenditures are within the allocations and developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal treasury regulations and procedures;
• Provision of quality and timely accounting services in the County including maintenance of appropriate and up
to date accounting records;
• Preparation of management financial reports which include monthly expenditure returns, monthly bank reconciliations, revenue/AIA returns, cash flow statements, analysis of deposits etc;
• Any other relevant duties assigned by the Head of Accounting unit.Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, the officer must have: –
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or any other business related course;
• Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
• Passed Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Final Examination or its recognized equivalent;
• Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB);
• Served in the grade of Principal Accountant, Job Group ‘N’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a minimum period of five (5) years;
• Must have attended a Senior Management Course from Kenya School of Government
• Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.Additional Requirements
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
• Tax Compliance Certificate.
• Clearance from HELB where necessary.
Clearance from the Ethics and anti-Corruption Commission.
• Certificate of good conduct from the police.
• CRB CertificateHow to Apply For more information and job application details, see; West Pokot County Assistant Accountant General Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!