WaterAid Gender Specialist Jobs in Uganda
WaterAid Gender Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Job PurposeThe Gender Specialist will develop a Gender approach that will support the organisation to
standardize, streamline and institutionalize gender equity and inclusion in her WASH
Candidates should have demonstrated capability in integrating gender in
program sectors and a range of areas (e.g., project design, monitoring, and evaluation),
designing and implementing gender analyses and assessments, designing and facilitating
trainings/meetings/workshops, and engaging with partners and consultants.
• Provide technical support and analysing inequality by mapping who lacks access to
WASH and the barriers they face.
• Analyse issues around inequitable power relations that prevent the poorest and most
marginalized people from realizing their right to safe WASH and; promoting and
implementing critical minimum standards for inclusive WASH facilities in schools,
communities and health care facilities.
• Provide technical assistance and support in areas such as designing and conducting
gender analyses and assessments, and developing toolkits, resource guides, and
other technical resources related to WASH programming
• Design and facilitate meetings, trainings, and workshops, using utilization-focused,
appreciative, participatory, adult learning methodologies and approaches
• Develop of a gender policy for organisation
• Develop a gender mainstreaming framework in WASH Programme levels based on
the following processes; identification, preparation and formulation, appraisal,
implementation and evaluation.
• Develop project and community level gender equity checklist. This should be a
detailed checklist of guidelines for integrating gender into the three different levels of project cycle management:
• Develop a gender mainstreaming toolkit identifying the key tools for gender
mainstreaming and offer explanatory guidance to their usage.
• Orient staff and partners on the produced key gender documents and provide guidance on how the organisation should engage with other gender sensitive organizations in the promotion of gender equity and
• Lead or contribute to technical components of proposals related to gender equality and inclusive development.
• Experience in designing and facilitating different types of meetings and workshops,
using a variety of participatory methodologies and approaches.
• Ability to think strategically and to integrate diverse information from varied sources
• Master’s Degree in Social Sciences specifically Gender studies or any related field.
• Seven (7) Years’ of professional experience in gender related aspects at an international level
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
• Proven experience forming, managing, and participating in successful teams, presenting and facilitating in a variety of fora, and verbal and written communications skills required
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
• Strong planning, organization, and strategic thinking skills
• Demonstrated presence and participation in gender equality and inclusive
How to Apply
Please attach cover letter only.
Do not attach a CV, as only the information contained in this form will be considered during the selection process.
Please return this form and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants who are short -listed will be contacted.
Please inform us if at any stage after submission of your form you decide not to proceed with your application.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.