VSF Suisse Field Officer Jobs in Kenya
VSF Suisse Field Officer Jobs in Kenya
One exciting position has arisen in our Kenya/Somalia Programme. Compensation will be aligned with the VSF-Suisse rates for the respective positions. These roles require applicants to have the right to work in Kenya, where the position will be based.
The position holder will support the activity implementation in order to realize the objectives of the European Commission co-funded project “Building Drought Resilience in Isiolo County through Sustainable Livelihoods”, currently under implementation in Samburu East Sub-County.
S/he will work under the direct instructions, guidance and supervision of the Project Officer, and in liaison and close collaboration with all other team leaders/ members in the programme in the discharge of the functions s/he is responsible for.
In consultation with the immediate Supervisor, the position holder is responsible for implementation of VSF Suisse Project(s) activities:
• Identify, select and verify project sites and beneficiaries for project implementation.
• Community mobilization and awareness creation for project implementation as per selected project site(s);
• Facilitate community meetings, dialogues and formation of community focal point or community committees;
• Translate in local language during community meetings; dialogues and other community sessions;
• Carry out surveys for baseline and end-line in close collaboration with immediate supervisor
• Carry out monitoring and supervisory functions of the project(s) on a periodic basis;
• Provide a chronological activity reports of the project
• Represent VSF Suisse in forum and meetings as instructed by the immediate supervisor;
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
• Degree/Diploma in Animal Health/ Production/Agriculture/Natural resources management/Social work
• Holders of Certificate in Business Administration or Logistics/Procurement Supplies will be an added advantage
• At least 3 years NGO work experience working in agro-pastoral communities
Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, interpersonal relations, and conflict resolution abilities,
• Excellent computer skills and demonstrable track record of managing a successful team
• Ability to work in multicultural team and strict adherence to rules, regulations and guidelines
• Experience in carrying out assessments, baseline surveys, monitoring and community participatory evaluation exercises
• Experience in the implementation of Rural Development Projects.
• Good facilitation skills and ability to conduct community level workshops/seminars;
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Person of integrity –honesty and good moral standing
How to Apply
Send your application by e-mail to
Office.Nairobi@vsf-suisse.org by Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 5:00 PM East Africa Time.
The application e-mail should indicate on the subject line the Job Title. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Interviews are planned between 26 and 27 October in the VSF-Suisse Isiolo Field Office.
We look forward to receiving your application(s) in English. Please add:
• Motivation Letter (maximum one page) stating why you are the right person for this position
• A recent CV of 2 pages maximum
• Scanned copies of your work certificates and relevant academic certificates
• Scanned copy of National ID/Passport
• Names of three referees and their contact details.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.