Vital Strategies Coordinator, Hypertension Prevention and Treatment, Addis Ababa Jobs in Ethiopia
Vital Strategies Coordinator, Hypertension Prevention and Treatment, Addis Ababa Jobs in EthiopiaJob Id
: Development and Project Management, Health Care Location
: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa Career Level
: Senior Level (5+ years experience) Employment Type
: Full time Salary
: Job Description
Vital Strategies, headquartered in New York City, is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death.
We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making, advancing evidence-based public health policies and programs and mounting strategic communication campaigns.
Resolve to Save Lives is a global health initiative that aims to save millions of lives by reducing preventable deaths from cardiovascular disease and to prevent infectious disease epidemics.
Resolve to Save Lives (RTSL) is housed within Vital Strategies. Since September 2017, Resolve to Save Lives has worked closely with low- and middle-income country governments, the World Health Organization, academic and other civil society partners to build capacity for and implement a core package of interventions to reduce cardiovascular disease.
Earlier this year, Resolve to Save Lives began a collaboration with the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization on a Hypertension Prevention and Control Project in six regions and two city administrations.
The project includes hypertension prevention through screening, treatment, care and health education at point of care on service uptake and treatment adherence, as well as salt reduction campaigns at community level and within schools.
The Coordinator for Addis Ababa position is a 2-year appointment with a potential option for renewal. Work is set to begin in September 2019.
Reporting to the Resolve to Save Lives National Coordinator, Hypertension Control and coordinating with the WHO focal point and Addis Ababa city administration health bureau, the Coordinator will perform the duties listed below.Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Take a lead and coordination role in ensuring high-quality hypertension-related data collection and timely reporting on hypertension management and control from selected facilities
(2) Provide regular mentoring and technical support to health care workers regarding provision
of hypertension treatment according to the national treatment protocol and reporting of hypertension data using a standardized recording and reporting system
(3) Participate in technical and programmatic training for health care workers and other applicable staff
(4) Provide ongoing supervision of hypertension treatment at all facilities in the jurisdiction
(5) Coordinate quarterly project supervision in collaboration with city administration health bureau
(6) Coordinate Addis Ababa city administration salt reduction activities, campaigns, and health education programs
(7) Coordinate regular analysis of surveillance and epidemiological data and share findings with supervisor to facilitate appropriate follow up
(8) Assist with planning for and monitoring of drug availability and timeliness of drug delivery to health facilities
(9) Undertake other technical assistance activities as deemed appropriate and necessary by the FMOH, Resolve to Save Lives and collaborating institutions
(10) Work in unison with co-workers within Addis Ababa city administration health facilities to ensure delivery of high-quality hypertension treatment and control servicesJob RequirementsQualification and Experience:
(1) Required: Applicants should have at least a Master’s degree in public health, and at least 5 years’ experience working on chronic disease care at the primary health care level.
(2) Preferred: In addition to the requirement above, a medical degree and experience implementing public health projects/programmes in association with the government is preferred. Experience with NCD projects/programs is an added advantage.Skills and Competencies:
(1) Excellent organizational, documentation and analytical skills
(2) Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with others and manage relationships with different stakeholders
(3) Understanding of the technical and programmatic aspects of a cardiovascular public health program
(4) Proficiency in use of computers, including MS Office applications, especially MS Excel
(5) Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
(6) Willingness and ability to travel within the assigned district to health facilities How to Apply
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to send a CV and a cover letter/expression of interest that includes salary expectations by September 6, 2019. Vital Strategies Coordinator, Hypertension Prevention and Treatment, Addis Ababa Jobs in Ethiopia