Vital Strategies - Communication Consultant - Road Safety Program Jobs in Uganda
Vital Strategies - Communication Consultant - Road Safety Program Jobs in UgandaThe Consultancy This position is a part of the Bloomberg Philanthropies Initiative for Global Road Safety (BIGRS).
This is a full-time position for our Road Safety Program in Kampala, Uganda and will work closely with Vital Strategies, government and initiative partners to align work priorities.
A Communications Consultant is sought to provide media relations assistance within a strategic communication approach to help create public support for strong road safety policies, programs and measures.
The Communication Consultant will engage journalists, generate media stories, optimize social media, and implement a multi-platform strategy to support government and BIGRS partners’ efforts.
They will also support efforts to run social marketing/paid mass media campaigns that are complemented by enforcement strategies.
• Create a strategic communication workplan annually, regularly adjust it to keep up-to-date and help execute to maximize the quality and quantity of media coverage on the government road safety initiatives;
• Develop and maintain calendar used to plan for local release of important international road safety reports or developments;
• Write regular blogs and social media posts to communicate local progress, disseminate information and contribute to BIGRS newsletter;
• Build and maintain relationships with journalists to engage around road safety focus;
• Pitch local and national journalists on relevant news and offer up information sources, thus building relationships with them that can help convene journalist meetings to facilitate conversations around road safety;
• Serve as a resource for BIGRS partner organizations to deliver knowledge and understanding on the local media environment and to help publicize milestones and relevant news on road safety issues;
• Organize press events around major BIGRS milestones as well as social marketing campaign launches; write press releases and press notes and assist with translations;
• Monitor local news coverage and maintain a media tracking list;
• Contribute to curriculum and methodology development for the journalism workshops and fellowship programs, and carry out journalist trainings, oversee follow-up efforts and maintain master list of trained journalists;
• Act as coordinator and facilitator of social marketing/paid media campaigns, working closely with Vital Strategies’ Policy, Advocacy and Communication (PAC) team;
• Manage suppliers including creative, research and media planning agencies, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
• Journalism or PR background
• Excellent communication skills
• At least 5 years of experience in communication
• Academic qualifications – at least Bachelor’s level
• Public health and government relation experience would be an advantage
• Familiarity with public policy, media relations and advocacy
• Strong writing and editing skills in (local language), as well as ability to produce written media relations materials such as press releases, talking points and fact sheets.
• Proven capacity to work in multidisciplinary or multi-agency setting
• English language proficiency
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Consistent and reliable internet access is required to be able perform this role;
• Residency and valid work permits in the country of work.
Structure and location of work
• Currently work from home;
• Reporting to the Initiative Coordinator with technical guidance and significant direction from Vital Strategies communication lead.
How to Apply:
For more information and job application details, see; Vital Strategies - Communication Consultant - Road Safety Program Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.