VillageReach Solution Cost Analyst Jobs in Malawi
VillageReach Solution Cost Analyst Jobs in Malawi
Summary We believe that sustainable solutions need to be co-designed with government from the onset with a good understanding of costs.
VillageReach is seeking a Solution Cost Analyst to lead our work on costing in support of our solutions which touch on areas including health call centers, data analytics, drones, outsourced transportation, and health information systems.
This role will be responsible for cost estimating and costing tools development and will support cost management and cost improvement, with a focus on VillageReach solutions that will be transitioned to government ownership and management.
This position is cross-cutting and will work with programs leads, solutions owners, Finance and Accounting and private sector firms that are part of our solutions.
This role will be part of the Private Sector Engagement team and be there based in one of VillageReach’s core country offices (DRC, Mozambique, or Malawi) or in a nearby country.
A successful candidate will have relevant experience in cost analysis with the ability to work with stakeholders in developing their capacity to understand and use cost data in developing and managing solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities are included in the list below. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time. The approximate breakdown of time on yearly basis is provided for each major activity.
• Cost estimating (20%): Develop solution cost estimates for solution scale-up based on key volume and coverage assumptions provided by solution owners and program managers; define and agree target key cost ratios
• Cost management (20%): Develop reporting tools that can be used by VillageReach program teams and government employees to visualize costs, support solution owners and program managers to track cost evolution and variance to targets
• Cost improvement (20%): Work with solution owners and program managers to identify the key cost drivers, model the cost impact of implementing changes to the solution or to the enabling environment, and develop a cost improvement plan.
• Ad hoc costing studies (15%): Perform studies that answer questions related to “actual costs” and/or “future costs” based on a set of key assumptions provided by solution or program leads. Compare program costs with those of similar programs. Compare suppliers’ costs with those of other suppliers. Help structure cost studies conducted by external consultants. Help build capacity of internal teams working on cost analysis studies.
• Government support (15%): Support governments in developing on-going budgets for VillageReach solutions that are transitioning to government, translating program cost categories structures into corresponding government budget categories and structures.
• Costing tools and models (10%): Identify standard cost elements (capital expenditure and on-going yearly operating expenses) and associated cost structures for VillageReach solutions, define cost allocation rules; develop associated cost analysis tools that can be used by solution owners and program managers
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
Collaboration & Effective
Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and is an advisory position to solutions owners and program leads.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor of Business Administration degree or equivalent
Minimum 5 years’ work experience advising organizations on how to improve the costs of goods or services or audit firm experience with service industry clients
Accounting qualification or work experience in management accounting is an advantage
Proven experience in identifying opportunities to improving costs of goods and services without reducing performance or quality
Eligibility to work in Mozambique, DRC, Malawi or South Africa
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel), more specifically Excel (pivot tables, macros, etc.) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
Capacity to develop compelling data visualizations using tools such as think-cell
Strong analytical thinking, excellent math skills and a strong ability to communicate and present analysis is essential
Knowledge of database set-up and management
Experience in applying cost analysis skills to the health sector and general knowledge of the development field is a plus
Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English. One additional language (French or Portuguese) preferred.
Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural, and linguistically diverse groups.
Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved, and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
Previous experience working with LMIC governments preferred
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; VillageReach Solution Cost Analyst Jobs in Malawi
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Malawi.