UNON Senior Human Resources Assistant Jobs in Kenya
UNON Senior Human Resources Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the Director-General of UNON is the representative of the Secretary-General in Kenya.
UNON supports programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) and the Resident Coordination System (RCS) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, security, conference and information services (www.unon.org).
This position is located in the United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON), Human Resources Management Service (HRMS), Talent Acquisition Unit (TAU). The Senior Human Resources Assistant will report to the Human Resources Officer.
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:ResponsibilitiesRecruitment and Placement
• Participates in the selection of candidates for secretarial, clerical and related categories positions, including evaluating and screening applications of such candidates, preparing profiles of candidates, and conducting preliminary interviews, and conducting roster searches for vacancies and identifying short-list of candidates.
• Assists in the filling of posts, including initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching offers of appointment and Statement of Emoluments.
• Provides input into policy development for the HR policies of staff in the General Service, non-staff including consultants, individual contractors and related categories.
• Schedules and coordinates entry tests for secretarial/clerical/trades and crafts/security positions.
• Assists in organizing and coordinating competitive recruitment examinations.
• Oversees the maintenance of job openings files and tracking status of vacancy announcements.Staff Development and Career Support Training
• Assists in the development of career development programme.
• Assists in the organization and conduct of training courses and workshops.Classification
• Assists in reviewing and processing requests for classification.
• Provides advice and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes.
• Assists in providing documentation and background materials relating to classification appeals.General
• Supervises the maintenance of automated databases and the centralized reference and filing systems.
• Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues and prepares notes/reports.
• Conducts research on precedents, policy rulings and procedures.
• Supervises compilation and preparation of statistical reports on HR related issues.
• Assists in the preparation of information circulars for HR related issues.
• Provides general office support services; processes, drafts, edits, proofreads and finalizes for signature/approval, a variety of correspondence and other communications; sets up and maintains files/records (electronic and paper); schedules appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
• Prepares written response to queries concerning HR related matters.
• Trains and provides supervision to new and lower-level staff in the unit.
• Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
• Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
• Ensures that requirements and background information used for data analysis are documented.
• Performs other relevant duties as required.CompetenciesProfessionalism
Knowledge of human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to interpret and apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages
in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Teamwork
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.Planning and Organizing
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.EducationCompletion of secondary school/High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental training in human resources, administration, or related area is required.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
Job - Specific Qualification
Certification in human resources at the diploma level or equivalent is desirable.
Training in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP/SAP), such as Umoja or similar is desirable.
A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area is required.
A minimum seven (7) years of hands-on experience in recruitment as a recruiter at the United Nations or similar international organization is required.
Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) such as Umoja or similar is required.
Work experience with PeopleSoft System such as inspira or similar is required.
Experience in handling a large portfolio of multi-cultural clients located in multiple geographical locations is desirable.
Experience in managing a team of human resources assistants is desirable.
Experience in handling the recruitment of consultants and individual contractors in the United Nations or similar international organization is desirable.
Work experience of one (1) year or more in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desiraable.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNON Senior Human Resources Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!