UNON Procurement Assistant - Temporary Jobs in Kenya
UNON Procurement Assistant - Temporary Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the Director-General of UNON is the representative of the Secretary-General in Kenya.
UNON supports programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) and the Resident Coordination System (RCS) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, security, conference and information services (www.unon.org).
This post is located at the Nairobi duty station in the UNON Procurement Section.Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Procurement Section, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Provides procurement, logistical and administrative support to a team of Procurement Officers in the acquisition of a wide variety of goods and services.
• Reviews, records and prioritizes purchasing requests and obtains additional information/documentation as required; determines the availability of vendors and funding sources.
• Monitors status of existing requisitions, maintain contact with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services, coordinates shipment of goods/commodities/equipment to HQ and field missions, verifies receipt and inspection of deliverables and accurately reports, as and if required.
• Produces tender documents (e.g., Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of requirements and cost of procurement involved.
• Prepares abstracts of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible under the guidance of Procurement Officers.
• Finalizes purchase orders and contracts for approval by the Procurement Officer; may authorize purchases in line with delegated signature authority, and, if required, prepares submission to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
• Assists relevant officers in more complex, higher value purchasing operations; coordinates distribution of pertinent documents to concerned parties, ensures appropriate follow-up action, etc.
• Maintains relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements, systems contracts, etc. and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations.
• Researches, retrieves and presents information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as obtain specifications for new products and equipment on the market.
• Drafts routine correspondence.
• Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.CompetenciesProfessionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; Ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; Is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
Completion of secondary education/ high school diploma is required.
Supplementary courses or additional training in procurement functions is highly desirable.
Job - Specific Qualification
The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Level 4 or equivalent certification is required.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level University degree.
Experience working with a Systems, Application and Products (SAP) system or an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is desirable.
One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNON Procurement Assistant - Temporary Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!