UNON Human Resources Assistant Jobs in Kenya
UNON Human Resources Assistant Jobs in KenyaOrg. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the United Nations headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General.
We support programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other United Nations offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org).
The advertised post is located in the United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON), Human Resources and Management Service (HRMS), Talent Management Centre (TMC). Under the general supervision of the Chief, Talent Management Centre, TMC), and direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Recruitment and Placement
• Processes applications for vacancies, including preparing and maintaining case files for candidates, ensuring and monitoring the transfer of files of candidates between offices, arranging for interviews, and entering data on candidates into the automated roster.
• Assists in the filling of posts, including initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching offers of appointment and Statement of Emoluments.
• Assist with the administration and processing of consultant and individual contractors job openings and contracts.
• Assists in the evaluation and screening of applications of candidates for secretarial, clerical and related categories positions.
• Maintains vacancy announcement files and tracks status of vacancy announcements.
• Coordinates with Executive Offices and selected candidates on travel arrangements, visa matters and shipment of personal effects.
• Prepares agenda and provides relevant documentation required for recruitment related meetings.
• Prepares personnel actions.
• Advises staff on visa matters.
• Assists in reviewing and processing requests for classification.
• Provides advice and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes.
• Provides general office support services; drafts and/or processes a variety of correspondence and other communications.
• Sets up and maintains reference files/records (electronic and paper).
• Schedules appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
• Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues and assists in the preparation of notes/reports
• Maintains automated database containing HR related statistics and prepares periodic reports.
• Assists in the preparation of necessary documentation for distribution to various offices, departments and overseas offices.
• Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, request for office supplies and equipment, etc.).
• May provide guidance/training to less experienced staff.
• Performs other duties as required.
• PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of the human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or completion of secondary school is required. Supplemental courses/training in administration, human resources or related fields is desirable. Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area is required.
Experience in the administration of consultants and individual contracts is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNON Human Resources Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.