UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs in Kenya
UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the Director-General of UNON is the representative of the Secretary-General in Kenya. UNON supports programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP),the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) and the Resident Coordination System (RCS) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, security, conference and information services (www.unon.org). This post is located in the Nairobi duty station, Office of the Chief within Information and Communications Technology Services (ICTS) of the Division of Administrative Services, UNON. The incumbent reports to the Chief of Service.
Under the supervision of the Chief, ICTS, and within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Human Resources Management
• Initiates, processes, monitors, reviews and follows-up on actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of regulations and procedures.
• Enters, maintains and certifies administrative data and records for time and attendance, performance appraisal, etc. in electronic information systems.
• Reviews entitlements-related claims and reports.
• Provides advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary.
• Maintains and reviews organizational staffing tables.
Budget and Finance
• Monitors status of expenditures and allotments through Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System Application and Products (SAP).
• Records variations, updates budget tables.
• Consolidates data received and provides support to higher-level staff with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
• Reviews status of relevant expenditures and compares with approved budget.
• Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged and (b) availability of funds.
• Assists in the preparation of budget performance submissions.
• Prepares statistical tables and standard financial reports.
• Prepares, processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff.
• Drafts routine correspondence.
• Maintains files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation.
• Maintains up-to-date work unit files (electronic).
• Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field.
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required, e.g., operational travel programme; monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services; physical space planning; identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems; organizing and coordinating administrative arrangements for seminars, conferences and translations.
• Assists with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services.
• Audits the contractors' invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN.
• Processes the payment of contractors' invoices and monitor payments.
• Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit,
Section or Service UN staff, including: UN grounds passes, property passes, UN parking permits, swipe-card access and door keys.
Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
• Professionalism: Knowledge in business intelligence is desirable. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental training in business intelligence is desirable.
• Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Eastern Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva.
• A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in administrative services, finance, accounting, audit, human resources or related area.
• Experience in general office support or related area is required.
• Experience with the Microsoft Productivity Suite is required.
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
NOTE: "fluency equals a rating of "fluent" in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and " Knowledge of" equals a rating of " confident" in two of the four areas.
How to Apply
• For more information and job application details, see; UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.