UNODC Assistant Programme Management Officer Jobs in Kenya
UNODC Assistant Programme Management Officer Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting These positions are located in the UNODC Global Maritime Crime Programme (GMCP), Indian Ocean West Programme (IO(W)), Regional Office for Eastern Africa (ROEA), in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Assistant Project Officers will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator (Indian Ocean West) and in close coordination with the Global Maritime Crime Programme Officer (Indian Ocean West).
Within assigned authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide assistance and support to local key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc.; assist in monitoring and analysing specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; review relevant documents and reports; assist in identifying problems and issues to be addressed and recommend corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; identify and track follow-up actions in consultation with the supervisor.
• Carry out basic research on selected local aspects of programmes, operations and other activities, etc., to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
• Provide assistance and support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies.
• Assist in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
• Provide support in survey initiatives; assist with design of data collection tools; issue data collection tools, reviews, analysis and interpretation of responses, identify problems/issues and prepare preliminary conclusions in consultation with the supervisor.
• Assist in the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
• Provide administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., assist with proposing agenda topics, identifying proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
• Undertake outreach activities; participate in the development of training workshops, seminars, etc.; participate and assist in making presentations on assigned topics/activities.
• Participate in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc.
• Assist in activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
• Perform other work-related duties as required.
Professionalism: Has knowledge of internal policies, processes and procedures generally and in particular those related to programme/project administration, implementation and evaluation, technical cooperation, programming and budgeting. Has understanding of the functions and organization of the
work unit and of the organizational structure and respective roles of related units. Is able to work well with figures, undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources. Has demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
A first-level university degree in law, social sciences, business or public administration or relevant social or political area with adequate focus on international maritime affairs, international security policy, criminal justice and/or law enforcement issues, is required.
A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in programme or project administration, technical cooperation or related area is required.
Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is required.
Experience with SAP/Umoja is desirable.
Experience in grants, project and fund management related modules in SAP/Umoja is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNODC Assistant Programme Management Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.