United Nations Support Office in Somalia Human Resources Assistant Jobs in Kenya
United Nations Support Office in Somalia Human Resources Assistant Jobs in KenyaSpecial NoticeThis position is funded for an initial period of one year, extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis.
The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred to take-up the appointment.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN Contractors to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Organizational Setting and Reporting
This position located in Nairobi within the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS), in Human Resources Section. The incumbent at this level usually reports to Post Manager, with a second reporting line to the Deputy Chief Human Resources Section. .
Within the delegated authority, the Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Recruitment and Staff Selection Support
• Supports reviews of recruitment requests and obtain required approvals from Chief Human
• Resources Officer (CHRO) or his Officer in Charge.
• Ensuring all related documentations pertaining the advertisement of a job opening is uploaded in Inspira and well documented in the shared drive for audit purposes.
• Review Job openings e-recruitment request ensuring all position details, position job code, and incumbency details (if any) are completed accurately prior to approving the recruitment track.
• Obtain the required justifications of loans and/or change of duty stations and pursue all required approvals.
• Organize bi-weekly meetings with the recruitment team to review status updates of vacancies and long-term vacancies.
• Mainly, maintain and monitor the staffing table in Umoja and the manual staffing control sheet.
• Provide internal support to the day-to-day activities to Recruitment, Specialist Support, Client
• Support and Chief Human Resources Officer.
• Supports the preparation of the monthly vacancy planning assumptions recruitment status reports for use by management (Reporting).
• Assist in the monitoring of staff movements and org unit changes in relation to user access mapping in Umoja.
• Assist in reviewing classification and reclassification requests; Update the classification control sheet and ensure all steps towards the implementation are followed by the focal points within, post management, recruitment and client support.
• Monitor Long-term vacancies and establish recurrent meetings with recruitment to address bottle necks.
Reporting and Data Management
• Assist in the preparation of e a wide range of HR related reports and statistics such as but not limited to: report of gender and geographic distributions, TCC/PCC contributing countries, long- term vacant posts, vacancy planning assumptions, deployment schedule, etc.;
• Prepare and submit monthly staffing complements.
• Implement the established mechanisms for recording and tracking pending issues complaints from HR clients across client missions.
• Maintain long-term vacancies.
• Provide anomaly report of the staffing table and Umoja staffing table.
• Assist in the drafting of reports and other materials of interest to internal and external audience.
• Provide other administrative support functions such as occasional drafting of various correspondences correlated to organizational management actions.
• Maintains an automated database and the centralized reference and filing systems.
• Assist with the compilation and preparation of statistical reports on HR related issues.
• Provides general office support services; processes, drafts, edits, proofreads and finalizes for signature/approval, a variety of correspondence and other communications; performs budget preparation input monitoring and implementation in HRIS/ERP, etc.; sets up and maintains files/records (electronic and paper); schedules appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Knowledge of the human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional
• competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
• Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
• supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. Technical or vocational Certificate Training in human resources management, Computer Science Education or Related field experience is desirable. Training in SAP or ERP modules are highly desirable.
• Minimum of seven (07) years of progressively, responsible experience in Human Resources Management, Administration or related area is required. Advanced experience in Microsoft application packages (Excel, Access, Visio, Power Point etc.) and third-party reporting tools such as Power BI, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, org chart designs, working with large data and complex formulas, pivot tables are desirable.
• Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
• Skills/Other: High level of computer proficiency, including excel, knowledge of UN HRIS applications, UMOJA and Inspira is an advantage. Good knowledge of and application of UN Staff Rules and Regulations is required.
• Assessment Method: Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position may include a substantive assessment, which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Support Office in Somalia Human Resources Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.