United Nations Senior Procurement Assistant Jobs in Kenya
United Nations Senior Procurement Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the United Nations headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the Resident Coordinator System (RCS) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UNHabitat) globally, as well as other United Nations offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). This post is located in the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Procurement Section at the Nairobi duty Station.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Procurement Section, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Reviews, records and prioritizes purchasing requests and obtains additional information/ documentation as required; provides assistance to requisitioners in preparing scope of work and specifications of goods and services; proposes product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings; determines the availability of funding sources.
• Identifies and recommends sources of procurement; interview potential suppliers.
• Produces tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
• Prepares abstracts of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible with due consideration to quality, delivery time, prompt payment and other discounts, transportation costs, etc.
• Prepares and submits LCC and HCC presentations.
• Enters into negotiation of terms and conditions of orders under the guidance of Procurement Officers; obtains credit and other information on proposed suppliers.
• Finalizes purchase orders and contracts for approval by the Procurement Officer; may authorize purchases in line with delegated signature authority, and, if required, prepares submission to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
• Resolves issues/problems related to delivered goods, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities shipped or received; prepares and signs Return to Vendor forms for unacceptable and/or damaged goods received.
• Maintains relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements, direct provisioning contracts, etc. and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations.
• Researches, retrieves and presents information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as obtain specifications for new products and equipment on the market.
• Signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit.
• Drafts a variety of correspondence.
• Supervises and assigns and reviews the work of more junior staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies
clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
Job - Specific Qualification
For this position, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Level 4 or equivalent professional certification is desirable. please attach copy of certification or a proof on your ongoing activities demonstrating progress towards completion of such certification by 31 December 2022.
For this position, Supplementary courses or additional training in procurement functions is desirable. Please explain how you meet this criteria.
A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement or related area is required.
At least the last 3 (three) years of experience should be direct first hand procurement experience on acquisition of strategic, high-value and of complex scope of goods and services from worldwide sources and for diversified clients in multiple countries.
Experience in managing procurement in support of a development programme with multiple
thematic areas is desirable.
Experience in procurement supporting public, private or non-governmental entities that have
national, regional or international operations is desirable.
Working knowledge and experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
NOTE: "fluency equals a rating of "fluent" in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and " Knowledge of" equals a rating of " confident" in two of the four areas.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Senior Procurement Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.