United Nations Senior Information Technology Assistant Jobs in Nigeria
United Nations Senior Information Technology Assistant Jobs in Nigeria
Org. Setting and Reporting
The UN Secretary-General launched on 1 January 2019 a bold and new global reform which repositioned the UN Development System to deliver more effectively and efficiently with the achievement of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals.
As part of this reform, UN Resident Coordinator Offices (UN RCO), under the leadership of an empowered and independent UN Resident Coordinator - the highest-ranking official of the UN Development System and Representative of the UN Secretary-General at country level - support countries in the achievement of their development priorities and the attainment of the SDGs.
The position is located in the United Nations Resident Coordinator's Office (RCO) in Nigeria.
The incumbent reports to the Resident Coordinator. The Head of the RCO manages the resources of the Office in order to provide support to the Resident Coordinator and the UNCT on sustainable development analysis, strategic planning, programming, financing, communications, advocacy and partnerships. The Head of RCO serves as a key adviser to the RC in the pursuit of all their functions and is accountable for the overall quality and timeliness of the work of the office.
Under the supervision of the Resident Coordinator and within delegated authority the Incumbent is responsible for:ResponsibilitiesLeads the provision of strategic guidance to the RC and UN Country Team (UNCT) on effective, quality, and timely UN support for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda through the Common Country Analysis (CCA) and UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF:
• Leads and coordinates substantive support to the RC/UNCT in articulating and actively communicating a credible and convincing strategic vision for the UN, articulated through the UNSDCF, which is consistent with national development goals and priorities, UN values, aligned with the 2030 Agenda and committed to the principles of universality, equality and leaving no one behind;
• In line with CCA/UNSDCF, provides strategic direction and develops recommendations to facilitate decision-making by the RC/UNCT to reposition the UN in country to advance the objectives of UN development system reform;
• Develops policy recommendations to the RC/UNCT on the development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the new generation CCA/UNSDCF as the primary instrument for the planning and implementation of UN development activities in country;
• Ensures effective guidance to the RC/UNCT in asserting vision and accountability for the UN to operate as a nimble, innovative and enterprising development partner, demonstrating characteristics of a knowledge-based organization and thought leader;
• Leads the coordination of the UNSDCF through the Joint Workplan and results groups; directs UNSDCF monitoring, evaluation, learning (MEL) and reporting through the UNINFO platform; and guides preparation and provision of the annual UN Country Results Report to the Government and other stakeholders;
• Promotes the engagement of all relevant agencies – with and without physical presence in country – from across the UN system, including at Headquarters and at the (sub-)regional level in inter-agency fora and in discussions with external partners;
• Supports the RC/HC in ensuring coherence across the different intra-agency coordination bodies, including with Humanitarian Country Teams and the Security Management Team.Facilitates and oversees the initiation, establishment and coordination of external partnerships and joint resource mobilization efforts for the new generation UNSDCF:
• Facilitates and oversees the initiation, establishment and coordination of effective working relationships with national and international public and private partners to ensure knowledge sharing throughout the UNSDCF cycle;
• Directs substantive support for positioning the UN as a key provider of integrated services and as a platform in support of the SDGs, in consultation with a broad range of stakeholders;
• Based on the UNSDCF, and in close collaboration with the Development Partnerships Officer, oversees the formulation and implementation of the partnership approach as well as the resource mobilization strategy, and other initiatives in support of SDG achievement through the UNSDCF;
• Oversees the implementation of the SDG Country Fund/country-level pooled fund (where relevant) in support of the UNSDCF and SDG acceleration.Coordinates and supports roll-out and implementation of the efficiency agenda (Business Operations Strategy, Common Premises and Local Shared Service Centers/Common Back-Office):
• In collaboration with the Operations Management Team (OMT), directs substantive support to the RC/UNCT on business innovations
for the UN in country;
• Provides substantive support to the Resident Coordinator and UNCT in formulating, implementing and monitoring the UN Country level Business Operations Strategy;
• Supports the RC and the UNCT in their leading role in implementing common premises, and in establishing a common back office for location-dependent services;
• Promotes a culture of continuous improvement and client-orientation in operational service delivery, including the implementation of high impact standardized common services, fostering the SDG impact through common operations;
• Coordinates effective participation of entities at the country level in operations management team and represents the RC in the OMT.Manages and directs knowledge management and capacity development activities in and outside the UN System:
• Creates an enabling environment for the knowledge generation, sharing, collaboration, as well as usage of existing good practices and lessons learnt within the RCO and in the UN Country Team / Programme Management Team (PMT - reporting to the UNCT). Leads by example;
• Coordinates the effective communications within the RCO, in UN Country Team and among other stakeholders;
• Leads and coordinates the sharing of good practices and lessons learned on issues related to UN strategic planning frameworks, methodologies and tools, among others, within the DCO (at regional and global levels), across the UN system and with external partners;
• Working closely with the PMT, oversees the analysis of UN experiences, lessons learned and knowledge networking to contribute to strategic planning processes;
• Keeps abreast of emerging innovative approaches and encourages the RCO and UNCT to apply new ways of working, where relevant.Assists the RC in ensuring that strategic advice and work by the Senior Human Rights Advisor, Peace and Development Advisor and the Director of UNIS reporting directly to the RC is coherently and integrated into the overall work of the RCO.
Performs other related duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, sustainable development, social sciences, education or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage.
A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in strategic planning, sustainable development policy and programme development and management in the context of development cooperation or related area is required.
Experience with multi-stakeholder coordination on the context of development cooperation or related area is required
Experience in team leadership and management is required.
Experience in UN interagency coordination is desirable.
Experience in designing and implementing partnership and resources mobilization strategies is desirable.
Experience in promoting knowledge management in the context of development cooperation is desirable.
Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official United Nations language is an advantage."
"Fluency equals a rating of "Fluent" in all four areas (read, speak, write and understand) and "Knowledge of" equals a rating of "Confident" in two of the four areas.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Senior Information Technology Assistant Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobs in Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!