United Nations Contracts Management Officer Jobs in Kenya
United Nations Contracts Management Officer Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting This position is located in the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS). The Contracts Management Officer will be based in Nairobi and reports to Chief Acquisition Planning Officer, within the Supply Chain Pillar.
Within delegated authority, the Contracts Management Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Plans and manages all contractual aspects of a procurement project; establish and maintain work programme and schedules for on-going contracts and newly planned ones.
• Supports the development and implementation of operational plans, standards operating procedures (SOPs), initiatives and projects relating to contract compliance and performance management.
• Supports the procurement process including providing input to statement of works/requirements (including articulation of performance standards and Key Performance Indicators), assist in the development of technical evaluation criteria, provide guidance during contract drafting.
• Develops a quality assurance plan to provide a systematic method to monitor contract performance.
• Participates in the development of contract risk assessments and risk management plans, including mitigating measures.
• Develops contract compliance checklists and implementation plans.
• Participates in the assessment of contractor performance, including advice and action to address instances of poor performance and/or non-compliance with contractual obligations.
• Initiates contract close outs including identifying, documenting and disseminating best practices and lessons learned and securing the final contractor performance assessment.
• Ensure the enforcement of UN contracts in consultation with the Mission, Procurement and UN Headquarters stakeholders, as appropriate.
• Liaises with other departments, including the Procurement, in relation to claims and disputes, demanding specific performance, claiming against warranties, and other contractual remedies.
• Within the terms and conditions of the contract, works towards resolution of conflicts or performance issues arising in cases of poor performance and/or non-compliance with contractual obligations.
• Drafts relevant audit responses on contract management related issues, as required.
• Maintains electronic and hardcopy files and records to ensure proper accountability.
• Supervises and monitors performance indicators for UN personnel within the Section, as required.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Professionalism: Expert knowledge in the field of contracts management. Ability to manage contracts management function in a field operation. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in business administration, public administration, engineering, law or related field.
A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in supply chain, project/ contract management, logistics support and/or procurement of global service contracts or related field is required.
A minimum of one year of supervisory experience working in a United Nations Common System field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping, political missions and UN agencies, funds, and programmes) or a comparable international or non-governmental organization is required.
Experience in handling complex, high-value contracts specialized in various categories of supplies and services is highly desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English, (both oral and written) is required.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Contracts Management Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.