United Nations Air Operations Assistant - Jobs in Uganda
United Nations Air Operations Assistant - Jobs in Uganda
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan based (UNMISS) and based in Entebbe. The incumbent reports directly to the OIC Air Operations Entebbe or his/her designate.Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the Air Operations Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Coordinate’s routine (regular passenger/cargo, logistics resupply) flights, special (casualty and medical evacuation, VIP) flights and military operational flights in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), UN directives, Department of Field Support (DFS) Aviation manual, UN Aviation Standards (UN AVSTADS), UN Aviation Safety Manual, ICAO standards and recommended practices and the host country’s Aeronautical Information Publications (AIPs).
• Compiles the daily projected Air Tasking Orders (ATOs) in accordance with the requested tasks; publishes and communicates ATOs to all relevant elements in accordance with the established procedures and deadlines.
• Assists with the coordination of the integrated search and rescue operations for UN air assets and other aircraft upon request.
• Assists with the coordination of diplomatic over flight/landing clearances, ground handling support and hotel accommodation/meal/transportation arrangements for aircrews based in Entebbe, transiting or Remaining overnight in Entebbe.
• Assists with the quarterly civilian air operator’s performance evaluation reports, military letters of assist semi-annual performance evaluation reports and end-of-contract performance evaluation reports in accordance with the established deadlines.
• Monitors that applicable aircraft documentation /certificates are valid and current.
• Monitors that agreed periods of aircraft non-availability due to maintenance and/or aircrew sickness are complied with and valid maintenance/medical release certificates are provided.
• Monitors that aircrew members possess valid licenses and certificates, and meet the requirements agreed in the applicable long-term aircraft charter agreements and letters of assist.
• Verifies monthly aircrew attendance records.
• Assists in conducting internal audits in accordance with the approved unit’s/section’s Internal Audit Program and Internal Audit Plan.
• Assists with the coordination of the Foreign Object Debris (FOD) activities at airfields and air terminals.
• Participates in the integrated search and rescue operations for the UN air assets and other aircraft upon request and assists with the coordination of the availability and operational readiness of the required personnel and equipment.
• Conducts inventories and physical annual checks of relevant aviation equipment.
• Assists in conducting the aviation risk management for UN aviation activities in accordance with the established procedures.
• Assists with the monitoring of utilization of UN air assets and provide support with the analysis of the statistical data obtained.
• Maintains the electronic databases in accordance with the established procedures and deadlines.
• Briefs aircrews on UN policies, aviation safety requirements and the latest applicable aviation standard operating procedures.
• Monitors that appropriate reference documents are current, readily available, and accessible to all aircrew members and aviation personnel.
• Prepares weather
forecasting and disseminates to all flights out of Entebbe
• Coordinates all Ramp activities with ENHAS to ensure seamless operations
• Coordinates with Movcon on passenger and cargo loads
• Acts as OIC when the designated staff member is away
• Performs other related duties as required.Competencies
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.Teamwork:
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.Planning and Organizing:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amounts of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.Education
High school diploma or equivalent is required.Job - Specific QualificationTraining and certification as a Commercial Pilot, or a Flight Operations Officer/Flight Dispatcher or an Aircraft Maintenance Technician, or a Ground Operations Officer, or an equivalent military qualification is required.
Training in the safety and quality management is desirable.
Training as an aviation internal auditor is desirable.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in air transport operations or aviation safety is required.
Experience in the development and implementation of the safety and quality management systems is desirable.
Experience in the use of ICAO standards and recommended practices is desirable.
Knowledge of UN financial regulations and rules is desirable.
Experience in international operations in a post conflict environment is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English is required.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
How to apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Air Operations Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Find daily jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!