United Nations Administrative Assistant Jobs in Kenya
United Nations Administrative Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UN Environment) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org).
The advertised post is located in the Facilities Management and Transport Section (FMTS) under Central Support Services in the Division of Administrative Services of the United Nations Office at Nairobi. This position reports to the senior Administration Assistant.
Human Resources Management
• Initiates, processes, monitors, reviews and follows-up on actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of regulations and procedures.
• Keeps track of vacancy announcement files.
• Provides advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary.
• Maintains and reviews organizational staffing tables; prints and reviews Umoja and Business Intelligence (BI) reports.
Budget and Finance
• Monitors status of expenditures and allotments through the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System (known as Umoja within the United Nations) and Business Intelligence (BI), records variations, updates budget tables.
• Reviews status of relevant expenditures and compares with approved budget.
• Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure:
Correct commitment items have been charged and
Availability of funds.
• Assists in the preparation of budget performance submissions.
• Prepares statistical tables and standard financial reports.
• Prepares, processes and follows-up on billing and cost recovery for services rendered.
• Prepares, processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to office operation i.e initiate the setting up of new network and telephone accounts for new staff members.
• Drafts routine correspondence.
• Maintains files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation.
• Maintains up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronic).
• Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members.
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required, e.g. monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services; physical space planning; identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems; organizing and coordinating administrative arrangements for conferences.
• Assists with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services.
• Audits the contractors' invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN.
• Processes the payment of contractors' invoices and monitor payments.
• Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit, Section or Service UN staff, including: UN grounds passes, property passes, UN parking permits, swipe- card access and door keys.
Professionalism: Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions; Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative rules and regulations in work situations; Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Planning & Organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional training in office administration, office management, project management or other related field is desirable.
A minimum of five years experience in administration, finance, procurement, human resources or related area is required.
Experience with the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System (known as UMOJA within the United Nations) is required.
Experience in recruitment and the use of Inspira is desirable.
Experience with different aspects of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and Business Intelligence (BI) reports is desirable.
Experience with different aspects of contract administration within the field of facilities management, commercial operations or construction, requisitioning, procurement and payment process is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
NOTE: "Fluency equals a rating of "fluent" in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and " Knowledge of" equals a rating of' confident" in two of the four areas.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; United Nations Administrative Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.