UNHCR Feedback - Referral and Resolution Mechanism Jobs in Intern Kampala - Uganda
UNHCR Feedback - Referral and Resolution Mechanism Jobs in Intern Kampala - UgandaOrganizational Context
The internship opportunity is open to both Nationals and international applicants for a maximum period of 6 months.
The focus of internship is to provide assistance to the FRRM team in the rollout and day to day management of UNHCR Feedback Referral and Resolution Mechanism.
Since gaining independence in 1962, Uganda has provided asylum to people fleeing armed conflict and persecution in neighbouring countries.
Uganda progressive refugee policy grants refugees freedom of movement, the right to seek employment and establish businesses, and to access public services such as education, health care and justice.
As of January 2019, Uganda hosted some 1.1 million refugees in the country, including those originating from South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, Somalia, Rwanda and others.
Effective and accountable humanitarian responses require active participation of persons of concern in all decision making that influence their lives.
Continuous and meaningful inclusion of persons of concern involves understanding their needs and protection risks, and pursuing protection, assistance and solutions that take into account their perspectives and priorities.
As part of the Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) framework, the Uganda refugee response needs to ensure that all formal and informal communications from persons of concern, both positive and negative, inform protection, assistance and solutions programming, and that timely corrective action is taken as appropriate by all partners concerned.
As a means of achieving this, UNHCR Uganda recently launched a comprehensive Feedback, Referral and Resolution Mechanism (FRRM), which centres on a countrywide toll-free helpline, email, complaints / suggestion boxes, and Protection Desks.
Through utilizing this multifaceted approach, UNHCR and partners are able to effectively manage feedback, queries and complaints received by PoCs and provide timely responses and feed backs necessary.Provide overall support to the FRRM team in the continuing rollout of the FRRM across the Uganda refugee response.
Disseminating all non-escalated cases to relevant UNHCR focal points and ensuring that cases are followed up in a timely manner.
Provide support in decentralizing the FRRM referral network to the field level.
This includes, liaising with UNHCR colleagues and partners in the field to identify new focal points and inputting their contact details into the FRRM platform.
- In collaboration with the Senior Protection Assistant, provide guidance to FRRM focal points and assistance with basic queries from partners and UNHCR field staff.
- Manage scheduling of system demos for new focal points as necessary.
- Proactively liaise with partners and UNHCR colleagues to identify lessons learned in relation to the FRRM roll out and identify potential key areas for improvements/adjustment.
- Develop a database of lessons learnt and action to be taken.
- Provide support in the development, review and update of the FRRM tools.
- Provide support to UNHCR partners in troubleshooting issues related to adoption and roll out of the FRRM.
- Compile weekly statistics report highlighting call trends and performance rates of FRRM focal points.
- Monitoring of FRRM email inbox and compiling cases received for review by the FRRM Coordinator.
- Provide weekly narrative report of FRRM activities and performance.
- Propose and deliver capacity building sessions for FRRM focal points.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualification and Professional Experience Required
University degree in relevant area (e.g. international law / refugee law, political science, social sciences
- Second-level university degree (e.g. law or post-graduate degree) is desirable
- Preparedness to become familiar with and abide by UNHCR principles, code of conduct and humanitarian goals
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse and multi-cultural team environment
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet and database management systems.
- Knowledge of the international legal framework governing refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons and statelessness is desirable
- Excellent English language skills (reading, writing, speaking)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online by 19th March 2019
For more information and job application details, see; UNHCR Feedback - Referral and Resolution Mechanism Jobs in Intern Kampala - Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!