UNEP Information Systems Assistant Jobs in Kenya
UNEP Information Systems Assistant Jobs in KenyaOrg. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
This position is located in UNEP’s Science Division which is, responsible for analyzing the state of the global environment, providing early warning information and assessing global and regional environmental trends to catalyze and promote international cooperation and action on the environment.
Under the guidance of the Head of Unit, Foresight and World Situation Room, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Establishing and strengthening the World Environment Situation Room, Community of Practice (CoP) on water and air quality;
• Making available online on the online platform (the World Environment Situation Room) the needs, and gaps assessments for the three target cities to support improvements in water and air quality data collection and sharing for urban planning and reporting on sustainable development goals;
• Supporting the analysis, design, programming development, configuration and implementation of the online platform (the World Environment Situation Room), particularly in respect of programming on HTML, Java Script and PHP;
• Determining the integration and connections of systems and application developments, including for the related integration landscape;
• Ensuring the technical feasibility of development objects in the World Environment Situation Room to enable visualization from any of the concerned systems of project Air Quality monitoring;
• Supporting the design, development and maintenance of the World Environment Situation Room technology streams, systems and tools as well as related connecting points;
• Maintaining, upgrading or enhancing existing World Environment Situation Room systems and applications, including interrelated systems and program elements to provide Institutional and Technical support as required in the A5b, Air Quality Monitoring project;
• Ensuring appropriate data security and access controls to the online platform (the World Environment Situation Room) systems and applications, considering both local and wide area issues;
• Keeping abreast of developments in the field and determining the need for testing and evaluating new products and technologies;
Programme work (including capacity building):
• Strengthening capacity of three pilot cities (Addis Ababa, Nairobi and Cape town) for air and water quality monitoring, compliance and enforcement of standards due to availability of relevant information on the World Environment Situation Room.
• Preparing various technical reports as required.
• PROFESSIONALISM Knowledge of organizational information infrastructure, including hardware, software and application systems. Knowledge of relevant programming language(s) and ability to use programming skills to develop information systems. Knowledge of system development workflow and document flow processes, ability to conduct research and gather information from a wide variety of standard and non-standard sources. Ability to respond to changing requirements and assignments, ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
• TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• TECHNOLOGICAL AWARENESS Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Supplementary training in Computer Science and/or Information Technology is desirable.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat.
Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview
A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in ICT systems analysis and design, installation, configuration, testing, piloting, roll out, administration and maintenance or related field is required.
Experience participating in the implementation at the national level of an ICT system or similar is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNEP Information Systems Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.