UNEP Human Resources Officer Jobs in Kenya
UNEP Human Resources Officer Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The primary focus of this temporary position is to enhance the pool of highly qualified talent made available to UNEP through partnership arrangements and staff recruitment. The Human Resources Officer (Outreach) works closely with the Team lead, Staffing and Recruitment to network and build partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders, networks of experts and relevant organizations with the aim of developing a diverse geographical and gender pool of candidates for managerial level positions in UNEP’s six sub-programme areas (to list areas). The role also advocates for UNEP as a possible recipient of bilateral donor support through special staffing programmes.
This temporary position is located in the Corporate Services Division, Human Resources Section at the Nairobi duty station. Under the supervision of the Chief of Human Resources Officer, the Administrative Officer as a member of the Staffing and Recruitment Team, the Outreach Officer:
• Contributes to cultivating partnerships with UNEP programme areas, relevant organizations, educational institutions, professional networks and potential donors with the view to enriching the applicant pool to UNEP workforce.
• Develops and implements outreach programs, including marketing strategies and materials to promote activities that are consistent with diversity and gender goals. Collaborates with Divisions to develop strategies and activities to meet identified goals and objectives.
• Contributes to the development of talent management strategies and processes leveraging innovation, creativity and best practices to build diverse, inclusive, competent, and agile workforce.
• Identifies entry points for new partnerships based on careful research on organizational mandate, goals and interests by donors, and matching them to UNEP’s staffing needs. Organizes and prepares draft background papers, analysis and sections of reports.
• Develops and organize outreach events to attract candidates from under-represented countries for UNEP vacancies. Prepares outreach materials and participates in working groups identifying issues, formulate guidelines and establish procedures on attracting diverse pool of applicants to vacancies.
• Contributes to the development of actionable and targeted plans, written materials, presentation and standard operating procedures for talent acquisition matters; to include coaching to implementation, identify possible gaps, risks and corrective actions.
• Contributes to the monitoring and reporting on the outreach strategy, indicators and impact.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Professionalism: Knowledge of human resources policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional
competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or related area.
A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in recruitment, advocacy/resource mobilization or donor relations in an international environment is required.
Proven ability to produce engaging presentations and outreach materials is required.
Experience of organizing successful outreach events is required.
Experience in research, analyzing and synthesizing information and producing accessible outputs for decision-making and advocacy is desirable.
Experience with the use of talent management tools is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of Russian is desirable.
NOTE: "Fluency equals a rating of "fluent" in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and "Knowledge of" equals a rating of "confident" in two of the four areas.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNEP Human Resources Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.