UNEP Finance Assistant Jobs in Kenya
UNEP Finance Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
This position is located in the Programme Delivery & Management Unit of the Law Division at the Nairobi duty station.
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Budget Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Generate budgetary or financing reports, including statistical/financial data for tables, charts and spreadsheets using office software and templates.
• Monitor all obligating documents (Funds commitment, Travel Requests, Purchase Orders etc) and make payments against them.
• Assist in creation of donor reports against approved projects, grants and donor agreements; Assist in monitoring of donor agreement milestones to ensure that the appropriate reports are generated on timely basis.
• Maintain regular contact with other relevant Units of UN Environment and outside organizations to clarify issues which concern financial and budget management.
• Summarize, through statistical tables, proposals reflecting budgetary and programmatic changes, retrieving information from different updated table and compiles frequently updated reports.
• Amend, re-arrange and edit statistical tables. Produces layouts of annexes to the budget and overview tables to conform to specification in the programme budget.
• Summarize, through statistical tables, proposals reflecting budgetary and programmatic changes, retrieving information from different updated tables from Umoja and compiles frequently updated reports.
• Take note of approved appropriations and draft financial correspondence for the supervisor’s signature; assist in creation of new grants based on approved project or POW budgets and request for their approval in Umoja.
• Create Umoja funds pre-commitment, commitments and funds blocks against authorized budgets.
• Prepare allotment advices in accordance with account type, i.e., programme budget, miscellaneous (including working capital fund and revenue-producing activities) and projects. Distribute allotment advices, as appropriate.
• Obtain information from other offices, e.g., status of unpaid assessed contributions or voluntary contributions to trust funds or special accounts from Contributions Service, financial statements from Trust Fund Unit.
•Perform any other duties as may be required.
• Professionalism: Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures in the UNEP. Ability to maintain accurate records, review and interpret a wide variety of data. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in
stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplementary training in administration, finance, budget, accounting or related fields is required. Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
A minimum of three (3) years of experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area is required.
Experience working in an international organization or similar system is desirable.
Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning applications, preferably SAP is desirable.
Proficiency in Office Excel and Microsoft Word is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNEP Finance Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.