UNDP Office Assistant Jobs in Uganda
UNDP Office Assistant Jobs in UgandaBackground In implementing the mandate of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, OHCHR Uganda carries out interventions under five thematic areas: Strengthening the rule of law and accountability for human rights violations; Enhancing and protecting Civic Space and people’s Participation; Integrating human rights in sustainable development; Enhancing equality and countering discrimination; and Increasing implementation of the international human rights mechanisms’ outcomes.
OHCHR’s interventions relate to the provision of technical assistance, including legal advice and capacity building, monitoring of human rights issues, and engaging in advocacy, among others.
OHCHR Uganda is seeking services of an Office Assistant. This position is located in OHCHR field office in Moroto. .
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Sub-Office, the Office Assistant will be responsible for the following duties
• Provide receptionist services, including welcoming visitors and directing them to the appropriate staff, as well as responding to phone calls
• Operate and maintain a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, e.g. photocopier, printer, scanner, etc
• Photocopy a variety of documents and other materials
• Prepare administrative correspondence, including memos and emails, as requested by the Head of Sub-Office
• Record, distribute and file in an efficient registry and filing system all incoming and outgoing correspondence
• Disseminate relevant administrative and substantive documents to international /national staff
• Receive and format monthly information for the Head of Sub-Office
• Ensure proper filing of all documents, both of administrative and program nature
• Keep an updated database of OHCHR contacts, including UN, civil society and public authorities
• Ensure timely request and delivery of stationary and office supplies to the field office
• Ensure that all documents awaiting distribution to other offices are dispatched in a timely manner
• Develop and maintain a weekly schedule of staff and vehicle movements.
• Assist with vehicle maintenance functions.
• Coordinate a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave requests, meeting organization, travel requests, expense claims)
• Assist in the preparation and organization of programme events/workshops, as required, and provide logistical support to the programme team
• In coordination with the Kampala Administrative Officer and Head of Sub-office, assist in sourcing for quotations for procurement of service providers, workshop venues, material supplies
• Complete other related tasks assigned by the Head of Sub-Office.
Provide general office and administrative support, including accurate and timely production and processing of documents and administrative requirements.
Maintain accurate records and/or data. Appropriately apply relevant policies, guidelines, procedures and processes.
Recognize and report data and other discrepancies.
Appropriately apply relevant policies, procedures and processes.
Establish effective working relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
Professionalism - Knowledge of basic clerical functions. Ability to operate standard office equipment. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Planning and Organizing - Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan; Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given;
Communication - Ability to speak and write in a clear and concise manner, including ability to draft a variety of reports, correspondence, etc.
Technological Awareness - Good computer skills, including proficiency in word processing, excel, spreadsheets, other and relevant software packages;
Teamwork - Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Completion of secondary education
Experience: At least 3 years of combined progressively responsible experience in related areas, i.e. human resources, general administration, financial administration, and field operations. UN experience in the field and/or headquarters level is an advantage.
Language: Fluency in oral and written English. Fluency in the language of the duty station is highly desirable
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNDP Office Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.