UN Regional Service Centre Logistics Assistant Jobs in Uganda
UN Regional Service Centre Logistics Assistant Jobs in UgandaThis position is located in the Supply Chain Management Pillar, Centralized Warehouse
The Logistics Assistant will report to the Team Leader in the Centralized Warehouse in Entebbe.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the logistics Assistant will be responsible for operations within the Integrated Warehouse (IW) under the direct supervision of the Integrated Warehouse
Team Manager with the following duties:
• Reviews cost estimates for input into budget formulation.
• Monitors budget estimates and reports on funding allocations.
• Maintains, updates and ensures accuracy and completeness of computer database recording requisition details purchase orders, delivery and invoice actions.
This includes coordinating on delivery schedules, follow-up and receipt of Receiving and Inspection (R&I) reports, verification of invoices against R&I reports, recording
contract status at all stages of processes.
• Assists in receiving all deliveries of mission supplies and performs data entry of the
Goods Receipt Reports in UMOJA inventory management system (SAP).
• Controls and manages supply related items requisitioning and delivery.
• Monitors and reports on implementation of logistics plans, including movement and
delivery of assets, and assists in stock verification exercises and physical checks of
assets and equipment and update all changes in electronic inventory (UMOJA/SAP) on regular basis.
• Manages and maintains records of the procurement thresholds set for each contract.
• Coordinates on consumables and spare parts consumption rates and usage patterns.
• Assists in the preparation of statistical analysis and trend analysis of inventories in
use and in stock.
• Assists in maintaining accurate and auditable property records in electronic inventory management systems for property control and accountability in line with the administrative instructions, guidelines, manuals and internal Standard Operations Procedures (SOP).
• Maintains supporting files, database and monitors reports.
• Prepares routine office correspondence
• Records contract actions and monitors activity.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Familiarizes new staff with respect to work requirements and applicable UN guidelines and office procedures.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• At least five (05) years of progressively responsible experience of practical logistics
operations or related area is required. Experience in the use of ERP or SAP is desirable.
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For
the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English are required. Knowledge of
another official United Nations language is desirable.
Knowledge of the substantive field of work in the areas of supply chain management,
warehousing, inventory management, distribution, warehouse safety management, as well as related procedures, practices and environmental standards.
Knowledge of and ability to apply UN rules, regulations, policies and guidelines in work situations.
Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and Organizing
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UN Regional Service Centre Logistics Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.