Uganda National NGO Forum Programme Officer Jobs in Uganda
Uganda National NGO Forum Programme Officer Jobs in UgandaJob Details: The Uganda National NGO Forum (UNNGOF) is a National Platform for NGOs that influence governance and development processes in Uganda and enhance their operating environment.
Its constituency comprises National, Regional and International NGOs operating in different parts of the country.
It also works with a larger civil society constituency to promote citizen-based governance. UNNGOF is seeking to recruit competent and committed individuals to fill the following vacant positions:
Reporting to the Programme Coordinator, Civic Space and Governance Monitoring, the Programme Officer will work as part of the team to help shape and drive UNNGOF's civic space work and agenda, share lessons and effective practices, facilitate voices and perspectives from the local and national levels to inform policy spaces .
Roles and Responsibilities
• Implement the activities under the Strengthening Citizens Engagement in Elections (SCENE) project,
• Work collaboratively with other team members to develop define and implement programme strategies to achieve significant and scalable impact;
• Work with relevant stakeholders to review opportunities, challenges and encourage collaboration, learning and strategic partnerships,
• Represent the organisation and its work to relevant stakeholder’s i.e. government, media, academia and private sector through meetings, updates and interviews
• Plan and execute programme activities in a timely and accurate manner including preparation of work plans and periodic programmatic reporting,
• Organize and facilitate meetings, workshops and campaigns i.e. concept note development, programmes/agenda and minutes/reports,
• Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities within the programme including monitoring of project grants,
• Participate in research processes and writing of position papers on key governance and development issues
• Ensure submission of quality and timely reports as per donor and UNNGOF standards, and
• Perform any other duties that are beyond the scope of this job description in mutual discussion and agreement with your supervisor or his/her representative
Qualifications, Competences and Experience
• Must possess a Bachelor's degree in the fields of social work, political science, development economics, and or any other related field
• Relevant post graduate qualification is an added advantage;
• Minimum of three or more years working experience in democracy, rights and governance sector,
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision and under immense pressure from time to time;
• Skilled in research methods and practices, data management and analysis;
• Strong conceptual, analytical, writing and presentation skills,
• Excellent communication and information management/technology skills, and
• Good interpersonal skills coupled with ability to influence, negotiate, advise, mentor and train respective staff and stakeholders.
How to Apply
If you would like to be a part of the UNNGOF team, please send your application, detailed CV including contact addresses of three referees and copies of professional/academic certificates by close of business Tuesday 28 July 2020 to:
he Executive Director
Uganda National NGO Forum
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.