Uganda Learning Activity Regional Development Specialist Jobs
Uganda Learning Activity Regional Development Specialist JobsOverview QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The purpose of the USAID Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives: Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources; and deepens local ownership. Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality and cost- effectiveness of programs and operations Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
The Regional Development Specialist is a Ugandan expert in corporate and public governance, planning, political economy, and private sector engagement in Uganda. They possess a wide range of personal and professional relationships and leverage those relationships to inform and advise USAID teams, USAID Implementing Partners, and other stakeholders, on issues of regional development. They work with local governments, civil society, academia, cultural and religious leaders, private sector associations and firms, and investors to improve regional governance, identify potential opportunities and competitiveness for implementing the platforms investment plans. They serve as Activity Manager for a team within the Uganda Learning Activity, and also leads the facilitation of partner events, in collaboration with the USAID Development Advisor, the Principal Liaison Specialist and other staff. S/he will be responsible for coordinating select programmatic and operational activities as highlighted below. .
• Develops and leverages existing relationships across the Ugandan development and private sectors in order to build partnerships and gain insight into USAID activities
• Partner and stakeholder development, management and coordination.
• Support development of robust regional platforms.
• Contribute to the platforms private sector engagement strategy, form partnerships with firms and associations in the private and investment sector.
• Work across program teams to inform decision making at all levels based on feedback from sources on ongoing projects and programs
• Engage, develop, and build partnerships throughout local organizations and key decision makers within the local community
• Work closely with the Program Advisor teams to develop directional leadership for ongoing and future activities
• Leads the facilitation of events for program partners and assists in other capacity building activities as required
• Work with USAID’s implementing partners to ensure the timely and accurate development of program goals and activities
• Work with the communications consultant engaged to support product development for all existing platforms
• Be the liaison between Resilient Africa Network (RAN) and USAID
• Other tasks as assigned
• Master’s Degree and a minimum seven years of relevant work experience required
• Experience developing partnerships across USAID programs and local partners
• Experience working in both private sector and government
• Experience developing partnerships across local communities and community leaders
• Experience developing collaborative cross-cutting teams in support of mission requirements
• Experience facilitating events and activities
• Clear communication skills in both written and oral forms; accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English, additional fluency in any of Uganda’s local languages preferred
• Ability to work independently and excellent time management; proactive, ability to take on new tasks with little direction
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Uganda Learning Activity Regional Development Specialist Jobs
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.