Uganda Biodiversity Fund Logistics Assistant/Driver Jobs
Uganda Biodiversity Fund Logistics Assistant/Driver JobsJob Summary: The Logistics Assistant/ Driver performs the operations, maintenance, and management of UBF vehicles, including routine maintenance, registration, tagging and tax exemptions, as well as coordinating transportation for the Fund activities for all staff.
S/he will also provide logistical support in delivery of welfare services to UBF staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Full time driver and ensures vehicle maintenance in line with the organization’s standards.
Drive the office vehicle/s to transport authorized personnel and delivery or collect documents and other items to required destination/s.
Maintain the assigned vehicles, renew all required licenses and vehicle insurances, and
perform minor repairs.
Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean in line with UBF standards.
Maintain trip movement records, logging official trips, daily mileages, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc. in the logbooks in line with UBF vehicle usage policy.
Inspect and report faulty office equipment
Provide logistics technical assistance as and when requested by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• The ideal candidate must hold an Advanced Level Certificate of Education, with a Credit in English.
• A certificate in automobile mechanics is also required.
• A certificate in Logistics management or procurement will be an added advantage.
• Hold a valid Driver’s permit of two or more Classes, preferably DL, CM and CH Classes.
• A certificate in Defensive driving from an established driving school/firm is an added advantage.
• A minimum of five years’ clean driving record preferably in a busy NGO or corporate.
• Skills in fleet management and mechanics.
• Must be Computer literate
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent coordination and organizational skills. A good timekeeper
• High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• A client orientation to service provision.
• A team player.
How to Apply
• All candidates should send their applications with updated CVs including three work related referees addressed to: The Executive Director through e-mail address
• firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of the Job you are applying for in the Subject line of the Email.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any applications submitted after the
deadline shall not be considered.
Deadline: 31st July 2020
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.