TSC Director of Operations - Jobs in Kenya
TSC Director of Operations - Jobs in Kenya
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:
(i) Served in the grade of Deputy Director in any of the following; Teacher Management/Finance, Administration, Human Resource Management and Development for a minimum period of three (3) years;
(ii) Master’s degree in a relevant field;
(iii) Bachelor’s in any of the following areas Education, Accounts, Finance, Social Sciences, Human Resources or Public Administration.
(iv) Certificate in leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
(v) Certificate in computer applications skills;
(vi) Met the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution; and
(vii) Demonstrated merit and ability in work performanceCompetencies Required
1. Problem solving skills and analytical skills;
2. Leadership, Mentoring and, coaching skills;
3. Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams;
4. Well-developed people management skills.
5. Ability to leverage information technology techniques and tools for
optimal office performance.
6. Prompt and decisive skills
7. Good negotiation skills,
8. Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi-task;Duties and Responsibilities
The Director Operations (Chief of Staff) will be responsible to the Commission Secretary for the overall management of the Teacher Management, Finance and Administration and Human Resource Management and Development
The Director Operations (Chief of Staff) will enhance efficient working of the Commission by ensuring the strategy is defined and executed across the Commission. S/he will identify and solve strategic and/or cross-functional operational issues. Specifically, the duties and responsibilities will entail:
1. Providing authoritative strategic advice and guidance to the Commission Secretary and the Senior Management Team on the operations of the Commission;
2. Participating in the development of objectives and related policy formulation, development and implementation of overall strategic planning and development of resource mobilization and business developments to achieve the Commissions objectives;
3. Serves as a member of the Commission Secretary Senior Management Team and provides advice and counsel in the Commission’s strategic development and policy setting;
4. Review and ensure quality control and high-quality standards of all outputs and communications including reports and presentations that emanate from the Commission Secretary;
5. Ensure active and open communication to and from the Commission Secretary and keep the Commission Secretary informed of critical issues requiring intervention and decision-making, internally and externally;
6. Anticipate and respond to major policy and operational issues, under the direction of the Commission Secretary and in close consultation with the Senior Management Team;
7. Promote a healthy working environment where staff members are provided with clear objectives, goals, direction, guidance and appropriate tools to enable them to meet their responsibilities effectively and efficiently;
8. Participate in or lead taskforces, working groups and meetings in support and on behalf of the Commission SecretaryThe terms and remuneration benefits for this Grade:Basic Salary Scale: Kshs.328,006 – Kshs.416,568
House Allowance: Kshs.60,000
Commuter Allowance: Kshs.20,000
Leave Allowance: As provided in TSC Secretariat
Annual Leave: 30 working days per calendar year
Medical Cover: As provided in the TSC Secretariat Medical Scheme
Terms of Service: Five (5) years Contract renewable once Subject to satisfactory performance
How to apply
For more information and job application details, see; TSC Director of Operations Jobs in Kenya
Find daily jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!