TradeMark East Africa Communications Officer Jobs in Kenya
TradeMark East Africa Communications Officer Jobs in Kenya
Job Summary Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Communications Manager (JG5), the Communications Officer (JG7) supports the communications unit in the implementation of TMEA communications strategies that target internal and external stakeholders.
The job holder promotes a client-oriented approach and coordinates external service providers, country and programmes teams to implement communication plans. The officer works in close collaboration with other functions of the CEOs Office, Impact team, Programme Delivery Unit (PDU) team, Corporate Resources team and service providers, as required.
Duties and Accountabilities
Communication Strategy Development
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the Corporate Communication Strategy, Country and programme communication strategies and implementation plans.
• Key contributor in establishing TMEA as a major Aid for Trade institution across the globe.
Management of TMEA Brand Image
• Oversee and ensure appropriate representation of TMEA’s brand per TMEA graphics manual standard guidelines across all foras and target audiences.
• Responsible for collation and dissemination of corporate information packs for corporate office
and country programmes. Ensures that content, messaging, and branding is current and relevant.
• Organise and oversee periodical training of TMEA staff, partners and grantees on the TMEA Brand, following the graphics standard manual.
• Ensure all TMEA public information products meet TMEA brand guidelines and set deadlines; and
resonate with TMEA donor requirements.
Management of TMEA Graphic Design Unit
• Manage the inhouse graphic design unit by: Advising and ensuring it is well resourced with
relevant software for effective operations and adequately budgeted for in the communication annual budget; And, preparing work to be accomplished monthly to include social media
postcards, screen savers, FAQ's, internal quarterly newsletter the Alfajiri, Event Calendar, and monthly donor brief.
• Manage the production of TMEA's branded materials for events and social media outreach.
• Plans and illustrates concepts and obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layouts for internal campaigns and other light touch external campaigns as agreed with communication
• Completes design projects by coordinating with external graphic design agencies, art services
and printers who support in production and delivery of large publications.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending e-design workshops, reviewing professional
publications, and participating in professional societies and ensures the unit progressively adopts best practices.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Publications Content Management
• Support the Communication Manager (JG5) with creation and curation of content for key publications including the Annual Report, Impact Compendium, and other key TMEA publications
as they are conceptualised.
• Work with authoring teams to craft powerful, accessible, and engaging messages to be shared
on various communication platforms and reach targeted audiences.
• Regularly update the corporate events calendar including developing key metrics for measurement, liaising with country and programme teams to update it. Calendar to be updated quarterly and shared with CEO, Chief of Programmes and country teams.
• Contribute to the management of TMEA’s dissemination plan for example, ensuring there is a dynamic stock register to track dissemination and uptake.
Programme Support, Public Relations and Media
• Supporting country and regional programmes in the creation and implementation of country
communication plans and establish effective operational links with PDU
• Management of the TMEA stakeholder database ensuring it is up to date and accessible to senior
• Contribute to the development and management of internal and external publicity campaigns; tasked with keeping an updated database of achievements, promotions, recognitions and other indicators of success by TMEA programmes and its partners.
• Monitors and analyses media, identifies issues and trends, and advises management on appropriate action/responses.
• Work with communication manager (JG5) to define and implement an internal communication strategy that is aligned to business objectives and overall communication strategy.
• Assist in conceptualising internal communication materials to increase awareness of TMEAs values, programmes, results and impacts.
• Assist in monitoring and measuring the overall effectiveness and impact of internal communication strategies and related activities.
TMEA Website and
• A key contributor to the overall management of the TMEA website including reviewing of web content, promotion of website content to increase traffic and liaising with the assigned internal
country and programme teams to manage their own portals within the global website.
• Support in development and implementation of social media strategy ensuring it is current and
in tune with new innovations.
• Management of Communication department procurement mobilisation plans.
• Manage relationship with department vendors specifically printers, graphic designers,
Corporate Level Responsibilities
• Apply the highest standards of controls and risk management practices and behaviour and embed a positive risk and control culture.
• Demonstrate prudence, sound judgement and appropriate and timely escalations in management of all types of risk (including fraud risk) applicable to my role.
• Understand and comply with the relevant end-to-end processes including applicable risks and
• Seek to identify, understand and escalate risk events/incidents/ issues on a timely basis focusing on fixing root-causes and taking ownership of identified mitigating actions.
• Complete all relevant mandatory trainings within the stipulated timelines.
• Ensure compliance with PCM guidelines throughout the project design and implementation cycle, including reporting and closure.
• Contribute to the development/revision of tools and procedures to document and share knowledge, incentivise staff/teams and enforce compliance and standards.
• Participate in regular informal and formal reflection, knowledge sharing and learning events.
• Document lessons learned and best practices for knowledge sharing and learning.
• Promote and adhere to TMEA's core values and ensure compliance with organisational policies
• Adhere to the safeguarding policies and procedures and immediately report any safeguarding
• Any other related responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager from time to time.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• An undergraduate degree in Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science or any other relevant field.
• Proficiency in standard computer applications including Microsoft Office, design software (Adobe
Illustrator, InDesign, Canva etc).
For undergraduate degree holders, at least five years relevant experience in outreach and
communications work, with specialised knowledge on working with media and social media.
Postgraduate degree holders will require three years’ relevant experience.
• Ability to build sustainable work relationships with internal and external partners to meet own and departmental KPIs.
• Experience in managing the development of communication materials or lead others in developing drafts of communication materials.
• Experience in managing new media and traditional publications including blogs, websites, intranets,
newsletters, booklets, audio, video, photography, presentations.
• Proven writing and editing skills with a strong command of English, and an ability to convey complex ideas in a creative, clear, direct, and lively style.
• Knowledge of and work experience in managing various social media tools; to include – monitoring, creating content, measuring impact, and enhancing the tools to enhance use experience.
• Ability to prioritise, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
• Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations.
• A creative, independent thinker.
• Highly proficient information MS Office applications, including Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Experience in developing marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters, press releases,
outdoor, radio, TV programs.
• Experience in developing various formats of graphics, infographics and motion graphics.
• Ability to work effectively with internal/ external partners in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; TradeMark East Africa Communications Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.