TI-Kenya Western Regional Office Jobs
TI-Kenya Western Regional Office Jobs
Job Purpose TI-Kenya seeks to recruit an intern in the Western Regional Office to strengthen the operations of the office.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Officer, the intern will offer support to the Western Regional office to ensure successful implementation of the projects, providing programme support and assisting in logistical tasks, monitoring and documentation.
This is in line with the overall programme objectives of TI-Kenya’s strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the Western Regional Officer in undertaking legal aid at the office and in the field, including keeping a client contact database;
Assist in logistical and administrative preparation of all project activities including advocacy meetings, workshops and public forums, and ensuring production and or documentation of activity reports and minutes. This includes filing of such documents in an effective and efficient way;
Assist in project documentation including maintaining a photo database for all activities and ensuring a comprehensive record of all undertakings (including documents, minutes and reports);
Conduct research in TI’s core areas of programs i.e. Education, water, Humanitarian aid, land governance, Climate finance governance, the police and extractive industries;
Assist in establishing and maintaining networks of both partners and collaborators;
Represent the Western Regional Office in meetings when required;
Assist in mobilizing community groups in developing democratic structures of governance and strategic plans for effective service delivery;
Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as allocated from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
▪ Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized University;
▪ Newly admitted advocates/ Fresh graduates may be considered on the basis of exemplary performance and outstanding skills;
▪ At least one (1) year of demonstrated experience in participatory community based approaches, dissemination strategies, research and advocacy skills, legal aid, community mobilization and organization.
▪ Computer literacy- Understanding of data entry, basic computer skills and knowledge of databases;
▪ Good knowledge of TI-Kenya and the environment in which it operates;
▪ Knowledge of Kenya’s governance systems, institutions and their decision making procedures;
▪ Willingness to undertake regular field and other external visits;
▪ Ability to productively interact with different stakeholders and citizens to advance TI-Kenya work;
▪ Good oral and writing communication skills both in English and Kiswahili;
▪ Organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize and consistently produce high standard work;
▪ Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
▪ Demonstrable presence, skills and passion in using social media platforms;
▪ Ability to work independently and as a team;
▪ Ability to work under pressure;
▪ A person of high integrity that will model TI-Kenya’s core values.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one PDF document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, 9th October 2020.
Please include the reference Intern- Western Regional Office as the subject of your email applications. Do not attach your testimonials or certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Please note that TI-Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and we do not recruit through recruitment agents
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.