The Electoral Commission Senior Election Officer/ Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda
The Electoral Commission Senior Election Officer/ Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda The Electoral Commission, established under Article 60 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and mandated to conduct public elections and referenda, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions within its establishment.
To develop. manage and implement the organization's monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure effective tracking of progress in program implementation against goals and objectives and provide information for planning and management of planned activities..
Key Tasks/ Duties:
• Developing M&E systems for the coordinated design. planning. management and monitoring of programs within identiﬁed priority areas;
• Developing and implementing performance monitoring and evaluation strategies;
• Conducting evaluation impact assessment studies of key programs to ensure achievement of desired outcomes;
• Formulating M&E recommendations for improving implementation performance and the design of policies and programs;
• Conducting ongoing reviews of the implementation of M&E systems within the Commission:
• Collecting, compiling and analyzing data from reports submitted by implementing departments/units and preparing consolidated progress reports;
• Reviewing M&E findings and best practices and disseminating information to stakeholders to facilitate evidence-based planning, learning and informed decision-making.
• Designing, facilitating and coordinating recommended capacity building initiatives such as workshops and training programs, in order to facilitate a culture of results-based management;
• Undertaking research on best practices and trends in M&E and making recommendations for their inclusion in current and future programs and policies; Performing related work as may be required.
Minimum Academic Qualification:
An Honors Bachelor's Degree in either Statistics or Social Sciences (Sociology. Social Administration with a paper in Monitoring and Evaluation) or Development Studies with module in Monitoring and Evaluation plus a certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized University/ Institution.
Possession of a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or Statistics or Project Planning and Management or a related field from a recognized University/ Institution.
Minimum Working Experience
Three (3) years relevant working experience served as a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer or Statistician in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization
Desired Skills and Competencies
In addition to the above qualiﬁcations end experience for the post, the following qualities are required:
• Proficiency in the use of MS suite and statistical software;
• Ability to use e-government technology platforms;
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate the work of staff engaged in M8-E activities;
• Ability to compile and analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports;
• Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both in writing and orally;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders;
• Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in performance of duties.
Age: Twenty Five (25) years and above.
How to Apply
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicants contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees. copies of academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Tuesday 4th August, 2020. Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ............. .."
Head, Human Resource Management
P.0. Box 22678
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.