the Brooke Regional Director Jobs in Kenya
the Brooke Regional Director Jobs in Kenya
The Role Brooke East Africa seeks a dynamic, future-oriented Regional Director to design and deliver a strategic and cost-effective programme impacting on working equines in the East Africa region. The post-holder must interpret the potential of Brooke’s global strategy locally and design and deliver a growing and innovative programme that contributes to the achievement of the organisation’s goals in this strategic period and beyond.
Strategic and inspirational leadership, ability to build and maintain partnerships, manage and learn from knowledge, strong communication skills, and the ability to build coalitions and consensus are key strengths needed - along with the ability to innovate, mobilize resources, manage change, and build a strong organizational team.
The Regional Director will establish and sustain productive relationships with government officials, donors and strategic partners. As a senior leader the Regional Director will contribute to Brooke International’s global strategy, share knowledge and support the generation of evidence to inform Brooke’s global programming.
S/he will also be accountable for competent operational and risk management including the proper management, well-being and safety of Brooke East Africa staff and the proper stewardship of Brooke East Africa resources.
In carrying out these tasks, the Regional Director will model and ensure systematic practice of Brooke’s core values, identify new ways of working and motivate the teams toward the organizational vision. S/he will encourage on-going staff development to motivate and strengthen team resilience in the face of change.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant organisation and to play a pivotal role in shaping Brooke’s work to improve the health and welfare of equines that are critical for the livelihoods of their owners.
Requires Skills and Qulifications
Knowledge and Experience
• 6 – 8 years experience in senior management with significant knowledge of livelihoods, women’s economic empowerment
or similar work.
• Excellent knowledge of the East Africa region as it relates to sustainable development
• Knowledge of Sphere and other key humanitarian standards including sustainable livelihoods debates
• Knowledge of local/ regional accountability frameworks/ legal environment
• Knowledge of project design, Logframes and MEAL frameworks
• Knowledge of strategic frameworks and strategy development models
• Knowledge of standards associated with programming in animal welfare and equine welfare in particular would be an advantage
• Excellent knowledge of IT programmes (Microsoft Office Suite) and social networking platforms for use in your work preferred
• Understanding of Risk Assessment and Security Risk Mitigation preferred
• Leadership of teams to establish strategic direction, resulting in budgeted plans and allocation of work with high performance
• Proven experience in recruiting, managing and developing an efficient and effective team with the ability to support and devolve responsibility
• Proven experience in establishing and managing agreements with donors as well as local governmental and nongovernmental partners
• Ability to establish learning and reflection processes
• Skilful in managing ambiguity and change
• Excellent organisational and planning skills and the ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
• Excellent spoken and written English. Some knowledge of local working languages advantage
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; the Brooke Regional Director Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.