Target Malaria Uganda Stakeholder Engagement Manager Jobs
Target Malaria Uganda Stakeholder Engagement Manager Jobs Target Malaria Uganda is seeking a stakeholder engagement manager to join its team. Stakeholder engagement is one of the three pillars of this project, together with regulatory affairs and scientiﬁc research.
This position will be responsible for delivering the strategic vision for stakeholder engagement, directing stakeholder engagement in-country, and providing support and mentoring to the stakeholder engagement team and the communication ofﬁcer.
The manager will be responsible for the oversight of the stakeholder engagement team in Uganda. This position will be responsible for the development and management of the stakeholder engagement model of Target Malaria in Uganda throughout its different development phases.
He/she will ensure that this model is appropriate and acceptable as the project evolves and aligned with the project overall engagement model.
This position will take part in the leadership team of the project in Uganda and to the overall project coordination in particular, on engagement issues. As such, it requires high work ethics and leadership skills.
A deep commitment to the mission of developing and sharing new, cost-effective and sustainable genetic technologies to modify mosquitoes and reduce malaria transmission is required .
Duties and responsibilities
This role will involve leading the Uganda stakeholder engagement team and the communication ofﬁcer in three main aspects:
• Develop. maintain and execute a highly-detailed operational engagement plan including regulatory and key stakeholders, liaising with key team members as required to ensure all requirements of the project are taken into account.
• Coordinate the communication function, which covers two different aspects: support to stakeholder engagement with appropriate tools and the more general reputation management, including media engagement strategy.
• As such, the manager is responsible for the oversight of the overall stakeholder engagement activities at all levels (national, ﬁeld sites and around the research facility). He/ she is responsible for ensuring alignment between the different levels, overall strategy, internal policy, and is part of the senior leadership team.
To be successful in this role you must possess the following:
• Postgraduate qualiﬁcation in International Development, Policy, Social Sciences (or similar), or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, extensive training and/or experience
• Extensive experience in designing and implementing stakeholder engagement programmes.
• Expertise in working with global project/institutions around complex interventions in developing countries
• Extensive experience of management of teams
• Excellent communication, inﬂuencing and interpersonal skills with Ci positive and supportive attitude
• Ability to work collaboratively and productively in a team, with colleagues, external consultants, and multiple stakeholders within complex management matrices in different geographical locations
• Proven cross-cultural awareness skills in a global context, including in an African context
• Ability and willingness to travel overseas in particular in Europe and Africa
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All applications must be in English and include a Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter explaining why this position is attractive and why your proﬁle ﬁts, and three references
How to Apply
Interested candidate; should submit their applications in a sealed envelope marked “Stakeholder Engagement Manager Target Malaria” to:
Uganda Virus Research Institute
P.0. Box 421 Entebbe Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Hand delivery to his office at plot 51-59, Nakiwogo Road Entebbe
This Vacancy is Open to Nationals: of Ugandan
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.