Tanzania Standard Journalist Jobs
Tanzania Standard Journalist JobsOverview Tanzania Standard (Newspapers) Ltd, publishers of Daily News, Sunday News, HabariLeo, HabariLeo Jumapili, SpotiLeo and Digital Media, is seeking to recruit correspondents from all over the country, who will contribute news reports, analyses, commentaries, features, still photos and multi-media material for its websites and the social media platforms. .
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• To produce content (text, audio, video, and so forth) for all TSN news platforms.
• To work with the News Desk team members to identify and develop the best possible content.
• To keep the News Editor constantly updated on developing stories.
• To help develop innovative techniques and styles of digital storytelling.
• To develop and maintain contacts with professionals in various fields and work on exclusive stories.
To collaborate very closely with other reporters on critical issues related to stories
Knowledge & experience
• Strong track record of news reporting and feature writing.
• Thorough understanding of the requirements of a correspondent.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of national, regional and international issues.
• Thorough grasp of issues related to the Media Services Act, and sharpness in making swift interventions upon discovery of violations – willful or accidental – by colleagues.
• Must have above-average fluency in English and Kiswahili languages,
• Must be a holder of a university degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from a recognized university or a degree in any field plus at least a Diploma in Journalism. Additional media sector-related training or further studies will be an added advantage.
• Must have at least three (3) years of work experience in the Media Industry.
• Must be capable of writing accurate, balanced and well researched stories.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must be able to work under tight schedules.
• Must have a thorough grasp of, and endeavour to operate in full conformity with the TSN media operational house style.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for the job, please submit the following:
• An application letter written in English language which clearly indicates how you meet the criteria for the position.
• An updated Curriculum Vitae.
• Contact – stating the name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and email address.
• Certified copies of relevant certificates.
• The names and full contacts of two referees.
All applications should be sent to the address shown below:
Tanzania Standard (Newspapers) Limited
P.0 BOX 9033
Deadline: 03rd August, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.