Tanzania Health Promotion Support Zonal Project Managers Jobs
Tanzania Health Promotion Support Zonal Project Managers JobsOverall Job Function: The Zonal Project Manager is responsible for provision of leadership, management and technical support in the overall implementation of the USAID Uhuru; Tuberculosis and Family Planning Integrated Facility Solutions Activity in zone A i.e. Kigoma and Katavi regions, and zone B i.e. Songwe and Rukwa regions.
Specifically, the Zonal Project Manager is responsible for the planning and coordination of TB and reproductive health program supported activities in collaboration with regional and district authorities.
Creates good working relationships and accountability for improved performance across all key intervention program areas. The position involves at least 30% field travel. .
• Oversee the overall planning, initiation and implementation of TB prevention, early detection and linkage to treatment services as well as the integration of reproductive health services at supported health facilities (HFs) in the zone.
• Liaise with the RHMT, CHMT, MOHCDGEC officials and other stakeholders in coordinating implementation of the program and compliance to the national guidelines and standards.
• Ensure that all technical teams in the zone support program implementation by building good working relationships and enhancing capacity of R/CHMTs in program management and various technical domains for sustainability.
• Work closely with the USAID Uhuru TB and FP Facility Solutions Activity central technical team in programmatic aspects of the supported TB and reproductive health services activities.
• Supervise and oversee overall activities implemented by zone Program Officers and other Staff in the supported regions.
• Participate in THPS strategic planning sessions including planning with sub grantees in the region, development of Country Operational Plan (COP) activities and other planning related activities as will be deemed necessary.
• Participate and represent THPS in National Program related activities e.g. Development of curricula/guidelines, SOPs.
• Coordinate procurement of equipment and consumables for the sites in the zone.
• Prepare budgets, work plans, monthly and quarterly reports and other technical documents.
• Coordinate the training of relevant healthcare providers in line with the approved budgets
• Assist in the program in Monitoring and Evaluation activities in the zone.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree
• Master of Public Health or postgraduate degree in health disciplines is an added advantage
• A minimum of five years’ experience at senior level TB and FP programming and implementation.
• Experience in working with USAID supported programs.
• Substantive knowledge of current best practices in TB, HIV and FP programs in Tanzania
• Ability to build strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders at national, regional districts and Community levels.
• Excellent documentation skills including drafting of reports, presentations and best practices.
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
• Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to
( email@example.com ) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity - Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.