Tanzania Health Promotion Support Tuberculosis (TB) Services Manager Jobs
Tanzania Health Promotion Support Tuberculosis (TB) Services Manager JobsOverall Job Function The TB Services Manager is responsible for overall technical leadership and guidance in TB programming.
Designs, plans and oversees implementation of TB services workplans in line with national guidelines and standards.
Provides technical support to Central and Zonal teams, regional and health management teams (R/CHMTs), healthcare providers and other stakeholders to implement quality TB services.
The position involves at least 40% field travel.
• Provide overall guidance to the technical teams in the area of TB interventions, implementation and ensure that the program interventions are in line with the National priorities, policies and guidelines
• Ensure the timely preparation and implementation of TB services work plans
• Design, plan and monitor the implementation of TB, multidrug resistance (MDR)TB activities across all supported health facilities.
• Coordinate the implementation of TB/HIV activities in compliance with national guidelines and provide leadership in implementation of the TB infection prevention control, detection and treatment of TB and MDR TB
• Participate in the coordination meeting at central level and provide updates on the implementation of TB and MDR TB interventions in the two zones.
• Develop/adapt effective TB and MDR TB interventions and ensure that they are implemented in the project areas
• Conduct regular site visits and provide supportive supervision, clinical mentoring and data review to identify emerging needs and program challenges on TB services.
• Ensures all equipment and supplies for TB and MDR TB interventions are available.
• Represents THPS in the National and Regional meetings on TB and collaborates closely with NTLP to ensure program implementation is as per national guidelines.
• Ensure timely drafting of all necessary technical reports; especially quarterly reports, and semi and annual reports
• Provide technical assistance to regional and district health management teams in establishing and strengthen under one-roof TB/HIV activities in THPS supported regions.
• Prepare work plans and periodic progress reports including quarterly and annual reports on TB/HIV programs.
• Perform any other duty as directed.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• Doctor of Medicine degree
• Master of Public Health (MPH) is an added advantage
• A minimum of five years’ experience at senior level TB programming and implementation.
• Experience in working with USAID supported programs.
• Substantive knowledge of current best practices in TB programs in Tanzania
• Ability to build strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders at national, regional and district levels.
• Excellent documentation skills including drafting of reports, presentations and best practices.
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines.
• Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to
( firstname.lastname@example.org ) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity - Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.