Tanzania Health Promotion Support TB and Family Planning Program Officers Jobs
Tanzania Health Promotion Support TB and Family Planning Program Officers JobsOverall Job Function The Tuberculosis and Family Planning Program Officer is responsible for provision of technical support to clinical staffing multidisciplinary teams focusing on TB and integrated reproductive health services including family planning supported by the USAID Uhuru TB and FP Integrated Facility Solutions Activity in Kigoma and Katavi (zone A) and Rukwa and Songwe (zone B) regions.
Ensures quality service delivery in integrated reproductive health services and TB and multidrug resistant TB prevention, diagnosis and treatment success is achieved in collaboration with regional and district health management teams and supported facility service providers.
Extensive travel of up to 70% is expected in all the districts of the assigned regions. .
• Provide direct technical assistance to health care facilities supported by the USAID Uhuru TB and FP Integrated Facility Solutions Activity such as; sites assessment and development, training staff in the clinical management of individuals with TB, clinical mentoring, patient flow analysis, improvement of adherence support systems, improvement of referral and linkages systems for TB and reproductive health services etc.
• Assist health care providers at designated points of service in TB case finding and strengthening entry points in order to increase the number of referrals to TB clinics from CTC, RCH, PMTCT, OPD and IPD and outreach services.
• Support implementation of TB treatment adherence strategies in health facilities and linkage to former TB patients’ groups for psychosocial support among newly diagnosed TB clients.
• Facilitate integration between FP, TB and HIV services and infection control within health facilities.
• Coordinate implementation of integrated reproductive health services and ensures high performance on key indicators for this component of the program
• Conducts comprehensive site supportive supervision visits and provide feedback on successes and areas of improvement with relevant management and unit specific service providers.
• Prepare technical narrative draft reports for timely submission to facilitate regional reporting timelines.
• Conducts data sharing meetings with service providers for improvement and decision making.
• Ensure that all supported clinical care activities at multiple delivery sites conform to the national guidelines and standards.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• Doctor of Medicine degree.
• A minimum of three years’ experience in working on TB programming and implementation of reproductive health services.
• Experience in working with USAID supported programs.
• Substantive knowledge of current best practices in TB and reproductive health programs in Tanzania.
• Ability to build strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders at regional and district levels.
• Excellent documentation skills including drafting of reports, presentations and best practices.
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines.
• Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to
( firstname.lastname@example.org ) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity - Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.