Tanzania Health Promotion Support Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer Jobs
Tanzania Health Promotion Support Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer JobsOverall Job Function. The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will provide strategic vision, management guidance, oversight and technical support in the planning and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning activities required for tuberculosis (TB) and reproductive health services programs; provide technical support in data demand and use for management of public health evaluations as needed in collaboration with regional and council health management teams (RCHMTs, CHMTs), Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through national TB and leprosy program (NTLP) and the reproductive, child health services (RCHS) unit. The position involves at least 30% field travel. .
• To provide technical assistance to Zonal M&E Officers to implement paper based and electronic M&E systems for TB and reproductive health services including data management, data quality assurance, data summarization and analysis, and performance review. .
• To serve as a resource to the project in the evaluation of ongoing TB and reproductive health programs and data feedback to MOHCDGEC, NTLP, RHMTs, CHMTs, health facilities and other key stakeholders. .
• To build the capacity of personnel in the region to better implement M&E systems. .
• To collaborate with regional partners implementing HIV/AIDS activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting across program areas. .
• To coordinate with zonal teams and health facilities to implement timely and regular reporting of key program indicators to USAID. .
• Provide technical assistance in strengthening the national M&E system for all TB and reproductive health supported programs. .
• In collaboration with Zonal M&E Officer to build capacity of site staff and headquarters staff teams to set a functional groundwork for efficient data collection, entry, compilation and timely reporting at site level. .
• Contribute to development and implementation of the organization’s MEL framework including indicator mapping. .
• Support the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for data collection, collation, verification and use at each level of the health information system. .
• Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports within described deadlines. .
• Facilitate utilization of reports at site level and district level for program planning, management and evaluation. .
• Lead the preparation of M&E based quarterly feedback reports to R/CHMTs and health facilities and MOHCDGEC partners. .
• Participate in periodic data quality assessment activities to track progress in data management at individual sites focusing in different supported program areas. .
• Liaising with the Evaluation and Research unit in identifying areas for operational research. .
• Participate in writing and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices. .
• Oversee timely site and district level target distribution and monitor and report monthly on target performance to program team and senior management team. .
• Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required.
• A degree in Demography, Epidemiology, Statistics or equivalent. .
• Master’s in public health (MPH) or Monitoring and Evaluation, Demography will be an added advantage. .
• A minimum of three years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of TB and reproductive health related interventions. .
• Experience in working with USAID supported programs. .
• Knowledge in various statistical data packages including Epi info, Stata, etc. is very essential. .
• Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili.
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines. .
• Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to
( email@example.com ) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity - Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.