Tanzania Health Promotion Support Project Accountant Jobs
Tanzania Health Promotion Support Project Accountant JobsOverall Job Function The Accountant is responsible to provide financial maintenance for Dar es Salaam and zonal field offices. .
• To work as part of the team to achieve departmental objectives.
• To maintain accurate bookkeeping records
• Will be involved in receiving, processing all invoices, issuing checks, entering cash receipts and disbursements data into various forms. Process expense forms and requests for payments from staff.
• To prepare and post transactions into paper-based and computer accounting systems.
• To validate invoices and ensure timely and accurate payment of those expenses
• Maintain accounts payable modules
• Maintain control account for expenses with many transactions a month, such as air tickets to avoid double payments
• Make arrangement for upcountry office payments, such as fund transfer to up country staff.
• To prepare all travel advances and post into system
• To ensure adherence to THPS policies and procedures and donor financial management requirements.
• Maintain a separate memorandum of payments made to ensure we have enough cash flow in both account every month.
• Undertake banking activities for all bank accounts; checking balance, collecting bank statements, cashing checks
• To ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner
• To perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• The candidate must hold Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, or Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, Business Administration, or Corporate Management with accounting professional qualifications CPA or ACCA.
• Minimum of three years working experience in finance or accounting position will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of donor funded project preferably USG.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control.
• Skills in analyzing financial data and prepare financial reports.
• Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles and ensure that best practices are observed.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to
( firstname.lastname@example.org ) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity - Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.