Tanzania Health Promotion Support Facility – Community Linkage Officers Jobs
Tanzania Health Promotion Support Facility – Community Linkage Officers Jobs Overall Job Function The Facility – Community Linkage Officer is responsible to establish, and facilitate implementation of TB treatment adherence, psychosocial support and community linkages including to establish/strengthen facility - community partnership/linkage mechanism; build capacity of R/CHMT to establish/strengthen and implement APSC program; build capacity of health care providers in enhancing adherence and retention and treatment completion for TB preventive therapy and TB treatment.
Additionally, the incumbent will enhance skills of health care providers to facilitate referrals and linkages between various service units within the health facilities for TB, HIV and reproductive health services, and conduct supportive supervision and mentorship. The position involves field travel of at least 70%. .
• Conducting mapping of existing facility - community partnership/linkage.
• Establish facility- community partnership/linkage where they do not exist.
• Strengthen facility- community partnership/linkage where they exist.
• Assist in conducting selection of Peer educators
• Provide technical assistance to HCPs at supported health facilities to implement protocols on adherence support for clients on TB preventive therapy and TB treatment.
• Assist in the assessment of specific standards of care (SOC) at the supported health facilities.
• Conduct supportive supervision and CMEs on clinical treatment adherence support to HCPs as per THPS site support guidelines
• Distribute to facilities the relevant job aids and materials related to adherence counselling and assessment.
• To prepare monthly summary report and provide periodic progress reports and provide input for the preparation of the quarterly reports.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Nursing or Social Work
• At least two years’ work experience with community-based support groups or related tasks
• Familiarity with district-level health care systems in Tanzania is highly desired
• Strong people’s supervisory and management skills
• Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to
( email@example.com ) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity - Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.