Soko Product Manager Jobs in Kenya
Soko Product Manager Jobs in Kenya
About the company We are an ethical jewelry brand for socially-minded customers. We are a human-first, tech-powered manufacturing platform. We are SOKO. Built to preserve artisan techniques & support entrepreneurship, SOKO uses mobile technology to connect Kenyan artisans directly to us and the global marketplace. Unlike centralized factory production, we are using technology to empower the human workforce, not displace it. Our business model provides economic opportunity to marginalized artisans that transform lives and positively impact their surrounding communities.
SOKO is B-Corp Certified.
• Our technology organizes 2,300+ independent, distributed artisans in 282 workshops throughout Kenya.
• Artisans working with SOKO earn 5X’s more than at an average artisan workshop.
• There are approximately 11,400 beneficiaries of revenue generated from sales.
• We improve artisan business and safety practices skill development and quality through training.
Reports to: Managing Director
Responsible for translating high-level business and user requirements into functional and technical requirements in order to ensure product success .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Owns and executes the product offering throughout the Product Life Cycle in collaboration with UX, Engineering, Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Operations, and Support teams
• Collaborates with engineering to align on product requirements, release plans, and roadmaps
• Champions Product vision and communicates effectively to stakeholders
• Leads engineering teams in grooming sessions for new features
• Collaborates with Business Units to create and drive demand and deployment success
• Defines Key Performance Indicators and operational and marketing metrics around new features
• Creates reports around new features and ongoing statuses of legacy features
• Working with key internal and external stakeholders, define the priority of new features and resolution of defects
• Collecting, creating, and translating high-level business and user requirements into functional and technical requirements in an agile environment also through the creation of use cases, process flow, and design diagrams
• Providing useful technical feedback to design and architecture discussions
• Managing and owning development projects from inception through to completion/go-live on time and on budget including setting project schedules and identifying milestones
• Measuring, collecting, and synthesizing data and KPIs to understand and drive product value and decision making
• Communicating status, updates and project summaries via presentations, email, and direct communication with executives and senior managers
• Develop product plans, strategic plans, and a solid understanding of the product’s value propositions for users with a variety of backgrounds from technology, business, compliance,
and security. Use that understanding to provide continuous feedback on user needs back to the product roadmap and teams
• Coordinating between a growing team of BU Customers, key stakeholders, engineers, and designers to drive product plans and strategy to completion
• Triaging potential issues as our platform evolves - providing answers where possible and redirecting questions to the engineering team as necessary
• Responsible for the success of a product by working with cross-functional teams including planning designing building testing and socializing.
• The ideal candidate has a strong background in working with technology products, holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, has at least 4 years’ of relevant work experience and is able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience and passion for Strategy, Product Management, and owning end to end delivery of value
• Ability to work with a diverse set of technical and non-technical users, teams, and stakeholders to build the next highest value for your customers and stakeholders
• High level of technical competence with working knowledge on technology stack for software applications. Has hands-on technical background and has worked on technology products.
• Experience managing unique and high rewarding projects in demanding timelines
• Experience in coordinating projects co-owned by multiple teams
• Experience with Product Management of Mobile Applications (iOS / Android)
• Experience with unblocking the team, writing shovel ready epics and user stories, and operating the mechanics of a Lean UI/UX and agile processes.
• Experience with a variety of technical architectures and environments.
How to Apply
Email us at
email@example.com with the subject line:
Attach your cv, any projects you have worked on either as screenshots or links, etc, and any other doc that would sell your skills.
Ensure All your file attachments have your name in the file name.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.