Social & Scientific Systems Inc. Consultant Jobs in Uganda
Social & Scientific Systems Inc. Consultant Jobs in UgandaBackground: SITES is looking for consultants to support the documentation of multiple technical products in the areas of health and HIV data management.
The SITES Project is a five-year project (2017-2022) that was awarded by USAID to Social & Scientific Systems Inc.
The purpose of the SITES Project is to facilitate, promote and enhance evidence-based programming and reporting in Uganda's health system, particularly its response against the HIV/AIDS epidemic with two overall objectives:
Implement and maintain a comprehensive PEPFAR program performance management and reporting system, and harmonize, and where feasible transition, parts of this USG-led function to national systems.
Support the Government of Uganda's (GOU) national monitoring and evaluation systems for the Health, HIV/ AIDS and OVC programming.
Purpose of Consultancy
The aim of this scope of work (SOW) is to provide writing and editorial support to SITES documentation .
The consultant will work with the technical leads and task holders to:
• Review the technical content of assigned documents for technical quality, accuracy, consistency and clarity of message(s) being communicated
• Work in consultation with relevantSlTEStechnicalteamst0 revise the document accordingly ensuring that language, grammar and punctuations meet expected standards. Package and structure the document content to meet expected communication standards for the easy and quick understanding by the audience
• Prepare summary sections where required and appropriate
• Prepare technical presentations where required
• Ensure that the documents meet the contractual branding and marking guidelines for SITES
• Provide guidance on dissemination and publications where appropriate, considering contractual guidelines on information and data management..
Minimum Qualifications and Competences:
• Bachelor's degree in health communication, journalism or related area 20%
• Postgraduate qualification with at least3 years’ experience as technical writer, technical editor or related assignment for large scale organizations20%
• Strong knowledge of HIV and health programming at national and community level with analytic capability and demonstrated ability to process, analyze and document technical health and HIV Information -15%
• Experience with USAID or other US government funded development programs 15%
• Proven English reading and writing with ability to use computer skills and graphics to communicate complex health and HIV data and information to non-health audiences-15%
• Publication in major health journals/publications on paper and web-based media, including preparing technical briefs and presentations -10%
• Good time management with proven ability to meet tight deadlines-5%
How to Apply
Send your CV and a writing sample of your work (both documents in PDF)to
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31st July 2020
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.