SoCha PMP Advisor Jobs in Kenya
SoCha PMP Advisor Jobs in Kenya
Company ProfileSoCha (a word created by combining the terms Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges.
We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius, which is an IT hub for Southern Hemisphere international organizations.
SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia.
Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
USAID/KEA aims to develop a comprehensive and utilization-focused PMP within three months of the approval of its 2020-2025 Kenya CDCS.
The purpose of this work order is to provide support for the development of that PMP, AND to improve the PMP product and the process of its development so that it will be utilized throughout the life of the strategy.
USAID Kenya and East Africa (KEA) will soon receive approval for 2020-2025 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). Within three months of CDCS approval the KEA mission must develop a performance management plan (PMP) to accompany the strategy.
The USAID/KEA Strategic Planning and Analysis Office is charged with developing said PMP and has requested the Mission Support for the Journey to Self-Reliance Pivot (MSP) activity to support PMP development with short-
term technical assistance (STTA).
Scope of work
Following the Kenya Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development process completed in August 2020, USAID/KEA began planning to develop Kenya's corresponding Performance Management Plan
Description of Tasks
The Performance Management Plan (PMP) Advisor will assist the Mission with the Kenya PMP development.
The PMP Advisor will provide technical assistance during the process, facilitate planning meetings with leadership and technical teams, and make changes as indicated in the narrative to develop a final document.
The PMP will manage a team of MSP MEL Specialists supporting the PMP process.
The PMP Advisor will work closely with Strategic Planning and Analysis (SPA) staff throughout the initiative and will work with MSP staff to outline the processes behind the PMP development.
USAID staff will review and approve all proposed approaches to the PMP.
The PMP Advisor will provide technical assistance throughout the process by:
Advising on best practices and proposing a process;
• Conducting preliminary analysis of previous PMP data to guide discussions;
• Reviewing Journey to Self Reliance (J2SR) indicator alignment and working with technical teams to identify priority indicators to include;
• Design, lead, and execute working sessions, specifically facilitating indicator prioritization and design sessions with technical teams;
PMP Advisor Advertisement
• Briefing senior managers and M&E points of contact within the Mission, incorporating feedback, and clarifying their expectations;
• Working with MSP to identify best methods and tools for data collection.
• Author or co-author drafts of the PMP document, including developing the Performance Indicator
Reference Sheets (PIRS) as necessary
• Lead and oversee an STTA team of MEL specialists and assistants;
• Support DO/project teams to develop monitoring, evaluation, and CLA plans, and
• Other duties as appropriate.
The PMP Advisor will provide on-going support to the PMP update, including creating/updating the results frameworks, narrative, and PlRS, as well as assisting in the technical design sessions and follow-up meetings, as required.
The PMP Advisor will support the MSP team to deliver a new 2020-2025 PMP, with complete PIRs.
• Master’s degree in related field
• 7+ years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning
• Experience with USAID AMELP, results frameworks, and indicator designs
• Experience supporting Mission CDCS and/or PMP designs
• Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods used for context, DO, project and activity level data gathering, evaluation, and analysis
• Experience working with USAID
• Experience facilitating workshops with high level personnel
• Experience working with integrated strategies preferred
• Strong experience managing teams and processes
• Strong writing in English required
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; SoCha PMP Advisor Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.