Samuel Hall Project Manager Jobs in Kenya
Samuel Hall Project Manager Jobs in Kenya
Samuel Hall is a social enterprise that conducts research in contexts affected by issues of migration and displacement. Our mandate is to produce research that delivers a contribution to knowledge with an impact on policies, programmes, and people. We provide practicable insights to challenging issues in the global South by providing academic-standard research through primary data collection in areas where researchers do not commonly go. Samuel Hall works with governments, donors, multilateral organisations and NGOs, as well public and private sector entities. We have worked with more than sixty-five organisations worldwide since 2010 through our offices in Afghanistan, Kenya, Tunisia, and Germany covering Asia and Africa. For more information visit www.samuelhall.org
Samuel Hall is seeking a professional and motivated individual to join its team for a full-time position as Children and Youth (Pillar 3) Project Manager (PM), based in the Nairobi office. Samuel Hall’s Children and Youth Pillar covers a wide range of topics related to children and youth, including child protection, education, child labour, youth employment, social protection, gender, M&E, migration and more. The PM will directly support the Pillar Lead to lead research, manage projects and other pillar staff, and support the strategic development of the pillar. There is a strong potential for domestic, regional and international travel, COVID19 permitting.
Management of research and Related Activities
• Lead the design of research tools and research methodologies on relevant topics
• Conduct secondary research, literature reviews and key informant interviews
• Manage project team members both in head office and field locations
• Undertake socio-economic research, monitoring and evaluations and consulting missions
• Coordinate activities with relevant partners in close collaboration with Pillar Leads
• Manage and train project team members both in office and field locations
• Lead the development and authoring of research papers, concept notes, draft and final reports, and other documentation as required during the ongoing projects at an academic level
• Monitor and evaluate the work of team members and project components under supervision
• Draft proposals based on pillars’ business development plans and strategies and as requested
• Provide strong analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, and recommendations in line with policy and academic standards
Manage and conduct fieldwork in multiple countries which entails qualitative and quantitative research
• Maintain internal processes
Coordination Between Stakeholders
• Liaise with stakeholders at all levels – including donors and government representatives – presenting Samuel Hall and its research partners in a clear and professional manner
• Prepare presentations for stakeholders (internal and external)
• Train national and international teams on components of the project cycle
• Applicants should have a PhD in a related field (education or child protection) with 2+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 5+ years of relevant research experience.
• Must have proven expertise in Child- and Youth-related research and desire for a strong role in strengthening the pillar’s thematic knowledge.
• Proven experience in writing research papers, consultancy reports, evaluation assignments and policy briefs \
• Proven experience in project management
• Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and tools (for example MS Excel, SPSS, NVIVO)
• Relevant programmatic/operational experience in the research topics covered in the Children and Youth Pillar
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to cope well under pressure, work occasionally irregular hours and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent spoken and written skills in English; French preferred
How to Apply
Cover letter describing how your skills and experience would match Samuel Hall’s vision and strategy (please attach cover letter in a separate PDF file labelled ‘CL – Full name of applicant’). All applications for current and on-going recruitment should be sent in the following format, unless stated otherwise:
CV in a separate PDF file labelled ‘CV – Full name of applicant’
Three relevant writing samples
The subject line should clearly express which position you are interested in and the country (especially for current vacancies)
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.