Saferworld Gender Adviser Jobs in Uganda
Saferworld Gender Adviser Jobs in Uganda
Job SummaryThe Gender Adviser will work with Saferworld’s Uganda programme and partners to deliver Saferworld’s gender, peace and security (GPS) programming and gender-focused research, analysis and advocacy.
S/he will provide technical support in the following areas
lead on producing analysis, and supporting programme teams to implement this analysis in communitybased peacebuilding programming using gender-sensitive and transformative approaches
• supporting gender-focused advocacy efforts at sub-national, national regional and international levels
• providing accompaniment and mentoring on GPS to both Saferworld staff and partner organisations in Uganda.
The Gender Adviser will have a key role to play in providing technical advice and support to Saferworld and partner colleagues on a significant new programme being co-implemented with TPO Uganda, with the aim of addressing main conflict drivers, which include but are not limited to: competition over natural resources; the mass influx of refugees; inadequate transitional justice processes; and flawed electoral processes – and their gendered elements - leading to more peaceful, secure, inclusive and resilient communities in Uganda.
Lead on the strategic development, adaptation and implementation of the Uganda programme’s gender, peace and security strategy
• Contribute to the design and implementation of Saferworld’s Strategic and Country Plans, focusing on how work on addressing GPS issues can help us achieve our peacebuilding objectives, and how this can be reflected in sound gendered conflict analysis.
• Support Saferworld staff and partners to conduct gender analysis of conflict at the grassroots and national level and lead on research and analysis when needed.
• Provide high quality advisory inputs to Saferworld from the Uganda perspective, ensuring that Saferworld’s Uganda's strategies and programmes are responsive to both national policies, priorities and strategic plans, as well as organisational values and strategies on GPS, as well as feed into the advancement of Saferworld’s organisational strategic goals and learning on the matter.
• Draft and review documents (reports, action plans and communication products) with a gender lens.
2. Lead on the implementation of
gender, peace and security activities in Uganda, supporting teams and partners to implement community security projects using gender-sensitive and transformative approaches
• Support Saferworld staff and partners to integrate gender into programming throughout the project cycle, including to implement community-based peacebuilding programming using gender-sensitive and transformative approaches
• Review and advise on gender-transformative programme approaches, tools and resources, and work with the Senior Gender Adviser (based in London), to contextualise and adapt global and country-specific materials for Uganda.
• Work with colleagues to develop workshop agendas on gender-sensitivity and transformation, and facilitate these for Saferworld staff and partners
• Support the programme team and the MEL Adviser to design and review the results framework in line with gender analysis and gender sensitivity principles, as well incorporate gender-disaggregated indicators in all sections/components of the document.
• Support research and learning processes to strengthen gender sensitivity and gender transformational approaches to peacebuilding
Support external networking and influencing on gender, peace and security in Uganda
• Working with the Uganda Advocacy and Communications Manager, support gender-focused advocacy efforts at sub-national, national, regional and international levels
• Build organisational contacts with national, regional, and international actors, participate in networks in support of the gender, peace, and security strategy in Uganda, and advocate on these issues.
• Represent Saferworld on relevant networks and working groups on GPS at national and regional level.
Public Relations, Lobbying, advocacy, Training delivery, Communication, Interpersonal communication
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Saferworld Gender Adviser Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.