Safaricom Manager - Public Policy Jobs in Kenya
Safaricom Manager - Public Policy Jobs in KenyaBrief Posting Description Reporting to the Head of Regulatory and Public Policy, the role holder will provide Safaricom with skilled and professional analytical and advisory services, with an emphasis on regulatory and public policy issues, management of contractual issues, reviewing policies and providing strategic guidance on legislative matters.
• To work as part of a team to establish, manage and maintain positive relationships between Safaricom, Regulators, National Government and other stakeholders that will assist Safaricom achieve its commercial objectives.
• To engage with the regulators, government and other stakeholders in developing industry policy, legislation, guidelines and codes of practice.
• Provide timely advisories on bills & newly enacted legislation to the business, and formulate a strategic response to the same.
• To support the public policy team in the preparation of opinions on public policy and competition matters as well as engagement with regulators and policy makers.
• To support the public policy team in monitoring and advising the business on anticipated changes in legislation affecting the telecommunication industry and how these will affect the business.
• To manage regulatory interventions which could adversely affect Safaricom and ensure that regulators undertake all steps outlined in by law before effecting any changes
• To recommend best practice methods for regulatory interventions and public policy matters and actively lobby the various stakeholders on the proposed opinion.
• To ensure that Safaricom is an active participant in industry consultations.
• To engage and participate actively in industry bodies to ensure unified approach to common industry concerns for the benefit of Safaricom.
• Assist the public policy team in the development and delivery of contracts for various services in the business.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Business, Policy or Social Sciences from a reputable university
At least four years relevant post-graduation experience in an ICT company or regulator
Demonstrable knowledge in public policy, preferably in the ICT sector
Excellent knowledge and experience in the Kenyan ICT and regulatory environment
Advanced knowledge and understanding of contractual matters.
Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken.
A highly motivated person with a positive attitude towards work
Innovative, creative, results oriented with excellent analytical skills.
A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong awareness of market trends, competitive impacts and market opportunities
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Safaricom Manager - Public Policy Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.