Right to Care Scientific Officer Jobs in Zambia
Right to Care Scientific Officer Jobs in Zambia Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with the government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthen public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focus on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Key Performance Areas
• The Scientific Officer is responsible for supervising clinical research projects. In addition, the Scientific Officer provides efficient, quality client care to study participants
• Provides guidance and supervision for the data management and data analysis unit, ensuring effective development of the unit and optimal use of internal and external resources
• Provides guidance and supervision for the research operations department, ensuring effective contributions to the scientific review process and regulatory submissions
• Provides supervision and leadership to RTCZ scientific training programs
• Ensures abstracts and scientific outputs are reviewed prior to submission to MOH, and other external fora
• Build capacity in and provide mentorship to research staff.
• Present abstracts & papers and represents the organization at national, regional & international conferences and meetings
• Provide medical care to clinical research participants
• Assist Chief Scientific in overseeing scientific review process within RTCZ that includes an evaluation of scientific merit, feasibility and adequacy of proposed budget and human resources
• Assist with entry and cleaning of monitoring and evaluation data
• Respect confidentiality of clients and data at all times
• Monitor & evaluate all the research activities, including liaising with hospital in charges
• Approves procurement of all study requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
• Registered Medical Doctor with Master's Degree in Public Health (MPH) or equivalent (e.g. MSc, MS in a health science) or PhD
• Strong scientific record of achievement with international stature with minimum 10 years of relevant experience
• Experience working effectively with diverse teams.
• Experience with scientific funding agencies in Zambia, the US and elsewhere
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
Familiarity with scientific regulatory procedures in Zambia.
• Familiarity with RTCZ administrative systems.
• Familiar with public health system in Zambia
• Proven team leadership skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks internal and external) which forms part of the Company's recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company's approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.