Restless Development Youth Research Manager Jobs in Uganda
Restless Development Youth Research Manager Jobs in Uganda
About the RoleRestless Development is seeking to recruit a talented and dynamic individual to join our youth-led research team in Restless Development Uganda
You will take the lead on a range of global flagship research projects for Restless Development, which include themes such as the impact of climate change on youth livelihoods in Uganda and on the health of communities living in rural and urban settings in Zimbabwe, tracking the impact of Covid-19 on young people’s lives across Asia, as well as working to develop the evidence-base of our
community-led model of development.
The role is fast-paced and varied, working with colleagues across Restless Development and our networks.
Eligibility to Work in Uganda:
Restless Development is willing to apply for a work permit for a successful
candidate who does not currently have the right to work in Uganda, but cannot guarantee that it will be approved.
Kampala is our preferred location for this role. Given the current situation we would consider recruiting the best candidate elsewhere this position until it is safe to relocate.
Please note that this salary is pegged to our GSS and due to uplift in the next 12 months.
The successful candidate will focus their work in the following areas:
Delivering flagship youth-led research programmes
● Provide technical oversight on designing research methodologies, tools and questionnaires.
● Provide technical expertise across a broad range of research methods, advising on the appropriate methodology for the research question.
● Ensuring successful delivery of research programmes on time and to a high standard.
● Take responsibility for the delivery of compelling, high-quality research products and reports for external audiences.
● Lead plans for sharing these findings both internally and externally, in partnership with the global
Restless Development External Engagement Team
● Provide strategic leadership of our global Young Researchers platform.
Performance and Budget Management
● Provide effective and supportive performance management of the Research Coordinator.
● Ensure effective management of available budget.
● Ensure delivery of high-quality narrative and financial reports.
Working with Research Partners and Consortium Members
● Liaise with partners and consortium members for youth-led research projects.
● Represent Restless Development in partnership and consortium meetings.
Providing Research Support Across the Global Agency
● Provide technical support to Uganda programmes delivering youth-led research.
● Build the capacity of Restless Development’s global teams to practically deliver our youth-led research methodology, including developing user-friendly resources.
● Provide technical insight and input as a member of the Uganda Leadership Team.
Other duties as required, sometimes requiring working on weekends and holidays, for which time off in lieu
can be taken.
We are looking for people with the right competencies and skills for the role, and who demonstrate the personal qualities consistent with our Values.
You will have excellent project management skills – and will be able to tell us about research projects
you have led before. You will have strong analytical writing and communication skills, able to understand data and write compellingly about what it tells you.
You will have experience of a broad
range of research methods, able to match the right research method to the right research question and able to support colleagues and volunteers to build their skills in this area.
In addition, you are highly self-motivated and a flexible individual who thrives in a diverse and inclusive working environment.
You have the following skills and experience:
Graduate level degree in a relevant field of study, or equivalent work experience
● At least 4 years of experience in the development sector, NGO experience preferred
● Demonstrated experience in delivering research projects, particularly those that are
youth-focussed and using participatory methods
● Demonstrated experience in developing high-quality research products
● Proven track record of research project management and coordination
● Strong, technical writing and oral communication skills in English
● Previous experience in partnership and budget management
● Experience delivering multi-country research projects
● Experience supporting remote teams
● Experience in facilitation, particularly in research
● Previous work experience in Uganda (or other sub-Saharan African countries)
You are able to demonstrate to core competencies that we expect from our Managers:
Strategic Thinking and Innovation
Delivers the vision for the team: thinking strategically about how to achieve it,
coming up with new ideas for how to do so, and encouraging others to do the
Leadership and People Management:
Provides supportive leadership to teams, encouraging a culture of learning and
empowering others through coaching, while holding self and others accountable
Communication: Practice open, transparent, and proactive communication, adapting messages to different audiences
Delivery: Deliver effectively and with high quality towards goals and priorities, supporting teams to deliver and taking ownership of outcomes
How to Apply
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 25 October 2020.
Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or cover letters. We will only contact you
if you are invited for an interview.
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Restless Development does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.