Rakai Health Sciences Program Cluster Coordinator Jobs in Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program Cluster Coordinator Jobs in Uganda The position holder will be the key district liaison officer for the project responsible for the day-to-day operations of the regional Cluster office.
In collaboration with DHTs, health facilities and other stakeholders, s/he will be accountable for ensuring that all project outputs/outcomes in the given districts are achieved through effective management of project inputs. .
• Provide leadership and overall supervision for project teams and Cluster activities
• Offer Technical and administration oversight of project activities in liaison with the Deputy project Manager.
• Support Joint work planning & budgeting of the staff in the cluster
• Support performance management (achievements against targets Vs costs)
• Support staff administration & logistic management in the cluster
• Carry out frequent monitoring and supportive supervision visits to health facilities.
• Coordinate with other units including DHT and other stakeholders within the project areas.
• Organize and participate in regular cluster review meetings for the teams in the cluster
• Serve as a principal liaison between the district local government and the Project.
Supporting monitoring of the district-led programming and sub-granting to districts.
Attending key meetings & functions in the districts;
Routine: DAC, DHTs, Quarterly review meetings, DOVCCs,
Non-Routine: Courtesy calls, Impromptu meetings
• Functions: World AIDS day, etc
• Identifying district specific needs & barriers to implementation of district-led programming and propose / refer them to right persons for corrective action.
• Providing technical assistance to DHTs regarding managing of sub-grants and financial agreements.
• Coordinate and adapt lessons learned from HSS activities to further strengthen and expand interventions to achieve the Project goals.
• Conducting capacity building and technical assistance to the DHT and HFs.
• Assessing compliance of the partner districts to the terms and conditions of the partnerships.
• Overseeing the monitoring of RHSP supported CBOs in the cluster (both technical & financial)
• Any other assigned duties in line with your role
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
• Training in HIV/AIDS care and management is essential
• Training in project planning and management will be an added advantage.
• A postgraduate degree in Public Health, Medicine, or a management related field will be an added advantage.
• At least two years relevant experience in implementing public Health/HIV/AIDS related projects at decentralized level.
• Experience working with district health systems and managing project teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of PEPFAR/US government programming policies and regulations, procedures and practices, Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with the DHTs and HFs.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS programming issues.
• Project planning and management skills.
How to Apply
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates, addressed to the HR Manager to
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email.
Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Tuesday, 04th August 2020 by 5:00pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.