Rakai Health Sciences Program Accountant Jobs in Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program Accountant Jobs in Uganda The accountant will provide timely and accurate support to the finance manager in all accounting works.
• To develop, enhance and implement effective accounting SOPs including sound internal controls, documentation, and to ensure adherence to company financial and non financial policies/ procedures.
• To supervise the execution of tasks both in the Cash office at kalisizo and at the Clusters by the Cashiers/Assistant accountants and ensure proper cash accountability and record keeping.
• To manage the Liquidity (prepare cashflow report) of grant funds in the bank ,prepare funds download tracker as well as accountability for previously downloaded funds.
• To oversee and support the reconciliation of banks, balance sheet, General Ledger and the respective subsidiary and control accounts.
• To coordinate the overall budgeting process and ensure that the budgeting timeline are all met.
• To demonstrate leadership and management skills, including the ability to lead through influence and to utilize talent and experience of finance assistants and administrators.
• To provide technical support to the team in finance
• To manage the preparation of accurate and timely donor reports and Management reports.
• To perform field site visits to ascertain the financial capacity of the potential implementing partners organizations or CBOs and prepare pre-grant assessment reports for approval by the heads of Grants, Finance, Programs and Management.
• To review accountabilities and other supporting documentation to ensure adherence to financial reporting requirements and financial policy/manual procedures and resolve any issues arising.
• To conduct performance analysis that would support decision making.
• To monitor performance against budget to ensure all exceptions and variances are explained and duly approved by the donor and the leadership.
• To provide analysis reports to aid decision making on budget reallocations and redirections where necessary
• Preparation of audit schedules, financial reports, responsible for audit processes, coordination with the external auditors for all project audits.
• To support the Finance Manager and Head of finance on supervision of finance assistants and administrators
• To provide technical support to programs and other support departments in the use of the accounting system and other finance matters.
• To analyze entries (for example payments, accountabilities/actuals, JVs and any other financial transactions) batched/entered by the assistant accountants for accuracy and proper accounting; and subsequently make the relevant postings.
• To review documents submitted for payment and ensure completeness, accuracy, value for money, and ensure compliance to donor requirements.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge and Experience
• The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, Commerce or Accounting from a reputable University
• Full professional accounting qualification (ACCA or CPA).
• Knowledge in the use of Accounting and Microsoft Office Packages, particularly Navision.
• Good performance in mathematics at O and A level
• Minimum of 3 years’ working experience as an accountant in a reputable organization;
• Thorough knowledge of accounting, finance principles and procedures and attention to detail;
• A high degree of integrity and confidentiality
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience as a team player
• Experience leading teams
How to Apply
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates, addressed to the HR Manager to
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email.
Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Tuesday, 04th August 2020 by 5:00pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.