QED Group, LLC System Administrator Jobs in Uganda
QED Group, LLC System Administrator Jobs in Uganda
Job DetailsQED Group, LLC (QED) is the Prime Contractor under the USAID-funded project entitled Uganda Learning Activity objective is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA), in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda's development.
The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning, and resources; and deepens local ownership.
Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring, and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality, and cost—effectiveness of programs and operations
Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
ULA is looking for suitable, qualified, and experienced candidates for the available positions below. The positions are based in Kampala with occasional travels to the other parts of Uganda as needed.
The System Administrator(s) is responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of the USAID Uganda Performance Reporting System(PRS), network sewers, and 3 other computer systems to meet organization's requirements.
He/she is charged with installing hardware and software and participate in query responses to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs of the organization.
System administrators also actively resolve problems and issues with computer and server systems to limit work disruptions and performance data gaps within the ULA activity and USAID/Uganda. .
Administration and maintenance of USAID/Uganda’s PRS, including
Ensuring it is available online and running efficiently
Managing user accounts and access controls
Assisting with standard reporting
Making minor improvements to the database structure as required
Run a desktop and helpdesk support system that ensures all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems, questions, and issues are resolved promptly with limited disruptions for USAID/ULA and implementing partners.
• Take Responsibility for the capacity, storage planning, and database performance
• Provide PRS assistance to the M&E Specialists on the M&E Team in their support of USAID's Development Objective Teams and Support PRS training initiatives for implementing partners and USAID/ULA
• Lead, manage, and manipulate the new SaaS applications are also known as Web-based software, on-demand software and hosted software. (The term "software as a service" (SaaS) is considered to be part of the nomenclature of cloud computing, along with infrastructure as a service
(SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), desktop as a service (SaaS),6 managed software as a service (MSaaS), mobile backend as a service (MBaaS), data center as a service (DaaS), and information technology management as a service (lTMaaS).
• Comprehensively train staff in DEVRESULTS software and support in the transition, utilization full uptake of software by stakeholders
• Run and compile ad—hoc data reports, web-based dynamic reports, dashboards, and special reports as requested by ULA staff/USAID Mission Staff implementing Partners
• Continuously communicate with stakeholders and end-users, gather their feedback, and improve the system to meet the reporting requirements.
• Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues.
• Coordinate with IT support staff through analyzing functional and technical specifications, providing documentation to efficiently plan, design, implement new or upgrades in IT infrastructure to meet business and technology needs.
• Keep abreast with technology trends and developments and regularly perform backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
• Associate or Bachelor's degree or Relevant Certifications in Computer Science, information Technology, System Administration, or equivalent experience required
• 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
• System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related fields is added advantage
• Working knowledge of "software as a service“ (SaaS) Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
• Experience with scripting and automation tools
• A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
• Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of system security, troubleshooting, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem-solving aptitude
3- 5 years
How to Apply
You can reach out to ULAprocurement@gmail.com
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.